• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 191 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, UK

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

I've recently created an image of my 32-bit system (Bodhi 4) using Bodhibuilder. I was subsequently unable to update my system due to a duplicate entry that Bodhibuilder had added to my /etc/apt/sources.list. The duplicated entry is 

deb http://packages.bodh...i xenial b4main

(This generated a number of multiple entry errors when I ran sudo apt-get update.)

I commented out this duplicate entry in sources.list, and now everything is fine.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the report. Will let sef know to look into this.

#3 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 306 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thanks guys, I should be able to look into this today some time.

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first, or as hopeless as it seems in the middle, or as finished as it seems in the end.

"That's not how the force works..."

Forum Rules

#4 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I usually use systemback for my custom spins. It does the same thing.  Strange.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#5 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 306 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

I usually use systemback for my custom spins. It does the same thing.  Strange.

It does the same thing as bodhibuilder, putting double entries in sources.list?

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first, or as hopeless as it seems in the middle, or as finished as it seems in the end.

Forum Rules

#6 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 306 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

@JollyRoger

Was the duplicate entry in the ISO and newly installed system's sources.list, or the original 32-bit OS that you were using to create the ISO?

Forum Rules

#7 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

@sef

Yes  the last build I created. I thought it was just something I did, then jollyroger reported the same thing. In my case It still could just be something I did.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#8 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

@<-sef>

The duplicate entry was in the original 32-bit OS that I was using to create the ISO.

#9 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

That probably explains why I got it too.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#10 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 306 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Interesting. I still like the fix that this brought about, so I'm going to keep that in BB. It was a very minor change, but stems some possible problems that could possibly pop up.

Would you be willing to install the latest BB_2.2.4_all.deb and try another spin to see if you have the same problem? Before you do another bodhibuilder spin, though, please see what the file '/etc/bodhibuilder/apt/custom_repos' has in it.

Also I would be interested in seeing your output from the 'mount' command on your source OS.

Forum Rules

#11 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4516 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

One question related to debugging this. The install where the double entry occurred the very first time, was it done offline (no internet connection) or were you connected.? This is not something just bodhibuilder, the installer might skip something (removing the existing sources.list that was in the iso) when offline to cause this.

Charles.

PS. I will test this with an offline install anyway.

#12 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

@Charles

I was online when I used Bodhibuilder.

#13 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

@<-sef>

Thanks for pursuing this issue.

I've downloaded and installed your new Bodhibuilder deb. To answer your questions:

etc/bodhibuilder/apt/custom_repos has nothing in it. (The old one contained the entries that were added to sources.list.)

I used the new Bodhibuilder to create an ISO of my system, then ran a 'sudo apt-get update' and there were no issues.

The output of the mount command is:

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=487496k,nr_inodes=121874,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=101572k,mode=755)
/dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=28,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=101572k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000)

#14 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 306 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

Glad to hear it's working.
Thanks for the heads-up and the troubleshooting help.

Forum Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users