9 replies to this topic

#1 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi,

I installed Bodhi 4 on my ASUS Z9200VC and it works perfectly, so when a friend of mine asked for a distro for her HP Compaq nx7300,

I immediately thought about Bodhilinux

Now on this one (HP Compaq nx7300 I) I have an issue with the eepDater and the other applications who need the password.
First let me say I had to work on the wlan card's drivers because the system couldn't see it so I did:

'apt-get update'
then
'apt-get dist-upgrade'
and finally
'sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer'

to have the wlan card drivers.

Then I rebooted and everything worked perfectly I did an update and shut down the computer.
When I turned it on the following day every application who need the password didn't work correctly. EeepDater, Synaptic and Bodhibuilder

windows close after I type the password and click on the "OK" button.
If I run eepDater from terminology it works, even if appears different, in fact in the window it appears a list of packages (written in blue) to
select, instead of the classic appearance. Also synaptic works from terminology, so I think there's something wrong with the interface or something I didn't think about.

How can I solve this? My friend is a new linux user so not so easy for her to work on terminal, copy and paste codes etcetera. Better if the
applications work.
Thanks in advance

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1659 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hmm. Esudo is that gui which the password is entered. There was the issue in the past, but our developer Ylee fixed it. We did a lot of testings and all passed. Do you use some very special or exotic chars in your pwd? Try to change the pwd to sth lighter just for testing and let us know. Also let us know which esudo version you have installed. Although it should be the last one as you dist-uprgraded your system.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

In addition to what the waiter suggests can you please try launching esudo from the terminal and post any output? For example run:

esudo synaptic

#4 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hello,

sorry for the delay in answering you questions.

First of all I didn't used eSudo, but eepDater (System Updater in the applications menu - Applications/System/System Updater) and Synaptic (always from the men - Applications/Preferences/Synaptic Package Manager)

The password is a simple one, 7 letters before, and 6 letters and a number after changing it.

launching esudo synaptic form the terminal it opens the esudo window and when I type the password the window disappear as with the program launched from the menu.

PS: I don't currently know how to get the versions, I used several Ubuntu line commands but it seems they doesn't work on here.

Thanks

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1659 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

Ahh. Moment. It could be related to localization issue. Try to change system language to English and relaunch app again. I think this problem was mentioned here and Ylee was taking care of it. I must ask him if he had time to solve it.

#6 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

I will do, but the problem is that -as I already said- the laptop I am working on is not mine and unfortunately goes to someone who doesn't speak

english.

Edit:

By the way, I haven't this problem on my own laptop where I didn't have to dist-upgrade the system.

#7 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

If I change the language form Italian back to English it works. The problem is that one I said above.

#8 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Anyone knows how to fix this using a different language than English?

#9 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1659 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

I think no. I asked Ylee about the solution. He did some research but has not enough time to have a deeper look. Is it a big deal for your friend to have Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 where everything goes well? I have this version installed in my NTB and BL 4.0 under Virtual Box.

Sorry for inconvenience

Stefan

#10 linuxrunner

linuxrunner

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

I think no. I asked Ylee about the solution. He did some research but has not enough time to have a deeper look. Is it a big deal for your friend to have Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 where everything goes well? I have this version installed in my NTB and BL 4.0 under Virtual Box.

Sorry for inconvenience

Stefan

It depends, how lasts the support for Bodhi Linux 3.2.1?

(By experience I noticed that sometimes running a Distro on VBox doesn't mean it will work exactly the same when installed. For instance, you can't know if the wi-fi will work properly or if some hardware will be recognized by the system.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eepDater, synaptic, password, HP Compaq nx7300, bodhibuilder, interface

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users