10 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

Gearing up for the first update release of our 4.0.0 branch - I've got some preliminary discs that pass all my sanity checks on source forge here: https://sourceforge....es/Pre-Release/

If no one finds anything too outlandishly wrong with them I'll publish a post on the main site calling these the latest stable release tomorrow some time. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 gohlip

gohlip

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Taken a test drive on livecd. And typing from it.

Looks alright. 

And didn't have segmentation fault (so far).

But themes - no Moksha Radiance? I kind of like it.

ps: tried default theme in 'old' Bodhi 4 (also after update recently to efl and moksha packages) - still have seg fault.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

#3 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationZacatecas, Mexico

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

In my test of Bodhi 4.1 64 bits, the Power Off button (at the bottom right corner) does not work at all in an installed system.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

In my test of Bodhi 4.1 64 bits, the Power Off button (at the bottom right corner) does not work at all in an installed system.

Ahh yea, forgot to fix that in the theme. Minor issue, will fix via a system update here shortly. Should work on themes other than Arc until I get that update out.

There are still gremlims in the code causing some segfaults, but these should be better than the 4.0.0 release. 

gohlip - are you saying you are getting a segfault just by changing themes or by going back to 4.0.0?

#5 <-sef>

<-sef>

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 226 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Also, when DD'd to USB this one will not UEFI boot on my laptop. Saw the version of bodhibuilder is 2.2.3. I have rolled out 2.2.4 with some new fixes and features.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to ping you when I rolled up version 2.2.4.

EDIT2: Ok, sorry again, after another reboot, the same USB UEFI booted just fine (64-bit of course). Don't know what happened, but I'm typing from it right now.

But you could still upgrade to v2.2.4 if you like. I updated man pages, added dnsutils as a dependency, and modified the live boot menu's a bit with some verbiage indicating whether the current boot is UEFI or Legacy.

<-sef>

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first,
or as hopeless as it seems in the middle,
or as finished as it seems in the end.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Also, when DD'd to USB this one will not UEFI boot on my laptop. Saw the version of bodhibuilder is 2.2.3. I have rolled out 2.2.4 with some new fixes and features.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to ping you when I rolled up version 2.2.4.

EDIT2: Ok, sorry again, after another reboot, the same USB UEFI booted just fine (64-bit of course). Don't know what happened, but I'm typing from it right now.

But you could still upgrade to v2.2.4 if you like. I updated man pages, added dnsutils as a dependency, and modified the live boot menu's a bit with some verbiage indicating whether the current boot is UEFI or Legacy.

Lol. I just shift-deleted all the ISO images from source forge and my system when I saw your first post / edit. Might as well do this right. Going to re-roll with 2.2.4 bodhi builder and the fix for the syscongadget in the theme. Will take me a few hours, probably still release today

#7 <-sef>

<-sef>

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 226 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

That sux! Well on the bright side at least the fix for syscongadget will be in! 

I must say though that I'm not noticing any other issues. Looks good.

<-sef>

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first,
or as hopeless as it seems in the middle,
or as finished as it seems in the end.

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yea - doing it right should be the priority. Wish we had tracked down that last segfault before this release, but no idea how long that is going to take and don't want to delay it much longer (my next month is very busy). Rerolling these now with the updated bodhibuilder packages + theme fix now.

#9 gohlip

gohlip

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

gohlip - are you saying you are getting a segfault just by changing themes or by going back to 4.0.0?

Saying in 4.0.0 - I have seg fault whatever theme - mainly by paging to flip desktops very quickly.

In 4.1.0 - I do not face these seg faults, but trying it more, I found sometimes (like 1 in 6 times) by trying to drag a window, Moksha resets itself (which I do not face in 4.0.0 - but others here have reported, in 4.0.0).

Hope this feedback helps and thanks for looking into this.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

#10 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

The occasional seg when moving windows around a lot / resizing for a long time I can reproduce here and am trying to track down. Won't be fixed for this release, but will hopefully be via the package manager some time soon.

#11 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Second draft - fixed syscon gadget for the default theme and update bodhi builder -> https://sourceforge....ux/files/4.1.0/

Let me know if we see any snags. As soon as we get working torrents I'll probably publish a release post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users