• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationZacatecas, Mexico

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

At first I thought that Swami stopped working on one of my 64-bit computers because I had upgraded EFL. However, now I'm discovering that Swami is not working even in 64-bit computers without updates on EFL or any related Bodhi 4.0 package.

Did the fix recommended by Ylee in http://forums.bodhil...t-not-in-32-bit

But it didn't work.

Now the error message is

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 176, in <module>
    app = MainWin(launchArg)
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 46, in __init__
    self.icon_object_set(icon.object_get())
  File "efl/elementary/image.pxi", line 453, in efl.elementary.__init__.Image.object_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:159042)
  File "efl/eo/efl.eo.pyx", line 137, in efl.eo.object_from_instance (efl/eo/efl.eo.c:1954)
ValueError: Eo object at 0x4000000260000027 of type Edje_Object does not have a mapping!

(I swear that Swami was working on 64-bit) :blink:

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

What EFL version is currently installed on your computer? I see some garbage in terminal when I launch Swami here on my 64bit install, but the application itself still loads.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

For reference I am seeing this when I launch swami:

kristi@kristi-Aspire-VN7-591G:~$ swami
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/fileselector.py:463: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
  sortedData.sort(reverse=self.sortReverse)
Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/easythreading.py", line 42, in threadFunc
    func()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/fileselector.py", line 463, in getFolderContents
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfa in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Exception in thread Thread-2:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/easythreading.py", line 42, in threadFunc
    func()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/fileselector.py", line 463, in getFolderContents
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfa in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

#4 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

5 setups for Swami:

1 Bodhi 4.0 32-bit in Vmware Fusion: working fine.

2. Bodhi 4.0 64-bit in VMware Fusion: not working, with error message posted above.

3. Bodhi 4.0 64-bit running natively in a laptop: working fine.

4. Bodhi 4.0 64-bit in another laptop with updated EFL (not the one that came with Bodhi 4.0, but also not the current one ): not working, with error message posted above.

5. Same machine used in 4th, but with EFL updated to the current one (20170126): Swami working, and no messages when launching Swami from terminal...

All the setups were installed with the same script, so they have the same packages and config (except the last one with newer EFL)... and all had swami working at some point in time...weird! :wacko:

Edit: since in the 5th one the issue was solved by updating EFL to the most recent version, I took the second one and updated its EFL... but didn't work. It outputs the same error message as posted above.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

Do the systems in question have different icon sets in use? Looking at the error it looks like it is crashing trying to set an icon somewhere.

#6 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

No, all our systems use the same icon set, the Rosa one.

Swami uses any icon set? the icons that appear at each item on System settings and appearance never look Rosa-like...

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

Swami tries to use system icons - but if it doesn't find a matching one in the current icon set the system has fall backs. For instance using the default Bodhi icon set things match / look nice:

HrUEecG.png

I'll post your error message in the OP to the E emailing list looking for suggestions. No idea why it is working on some systems, but not other with the same EFL version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users