21 replies to this topic

#21 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

I cannot agree. Whenever I install new applications (pdf viewers, office stuff or media players) this error persists. It is app-independent error and should be debugged at system-level.

If you are getting this error with every application it is an issue with your system. As I mentioned - check system health. We only support / test in virtual box so YMMV with other tools such as hyper V. All these things work fine in virtual box.

So why the hell it is still there? What is the use of debug message which brings no useful info?

Because it is harmless so it is low priority. Bodhi doesn't pay my bills or anyone's bills for that matter. It is a labor of love. If an issue like this is something you really need fixed / removed before our folks get around to it feel free to submit a patch yourself or sponsor someone to do it. As is the work that puts food on the table for my kids always take priority. 

• sef likes this

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 Suncatcher

Suncatcher

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

For example you could have an issue with how the graphics driver in the kernel interacts with Hyper-v, causing apps to crash. But don't take that advice to the bank because I'm really not that familiar with Hyper-v, just putting a thought out there. 

I also think so. I noticed moth of the crashed apps are Gnome-based. It's some Gnome driver issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: network, network-manager, logs, VM, service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users