• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

Hi all.

Well, basically what i says in the title: is there a way to enable it the way enlightenment allows it? The Idea is to only have the applications icons be visible, but right now there is an opaque white background that just won't go away.

I've installed ecomp and ecomorph, and I've enabled ARGB in the advanced options. The relevant shelves themselves are set to transparent already.

Is it impossible, or did I forget something ?

Thanks

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1459 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

I have not installed any compositor and making the shelf invisible brings iBar items transparent. The only drawback is the systray which won't be shown.

#3 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

What you describe is what I had before I went from bodhi 3.x to 4.1.

So there could be some setting somewhere that I've missed...

I did try changing the theme to see whether it wasn't locked that way, but no such luck.

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1459 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hmm, no problem here. ArcDark and Green theme tried. Please can you post a screenshot?

#5 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Well, here you go. All the solid black areas should be transparent (and were until I switched to 4.1)

Screenshot_from_2017_02_16_20_06_44.png

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

Which theme are you using? What "style" is your shelf set to?

#7 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

The theme is Moksha Dark (except for the clock module which is MokshaKL4K). Changing the theme didn't solve the problem.

The shelves that should be transparent (but are just black for ibox and ibar) are set to invisible.

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

What graphics card are you using?

#9 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1459 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

Does this issue happen when running live session?

#10 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

So, the card is an integrated intel graphic card using the i915 driver.

After testing, it appears the issue doesn't appear in the live session.

#11 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

The test with the live session got me thinking, and after testing it out, I realized a brand new account doesn't have the issue.

So it seems there are remains of the e19 settings from bodhi 3.x that are a problem. Any idea of what I need to specifically erase, or do I need to nuke the complete .e directory and reconfigure my desktop settings from scratch?

#12 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Ahh yea - left over settings from e19 could cause any end of issues. You very much should nuke your `/.e folder and start fresh.

#13 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Well, I finally got around to redo the whole desktop, and the problem was indeed solved.

As a side issue, I understand this is a work in progress and as such prone to bugs, but the old desktop restart feature should really be brought back. I've just spent the better part of three hours to configure my desktop the way I like it instead of the 30-45 mns it should have taken. The reason? For no clear reason it kept resetting on its own, going back to the way it was right when I logged in. In the end I had to set 1-2 options of the particular element I was taking care of, and then do a logout/login cycle to make sure the change was saved.

Alternatively, there could be some kind of "save the desktop settings" command (if there is, it isn't obvious).

#14 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4330 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

You can save your personal desktop settings by making a new "profile". Search the settings for that.

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#15 Trenien

Trenien

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, but that tool is more something you use when you are done setting everything. I was talking of some way to save the current settings the way they are when you log out.

#16 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4330 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Can you run your updates (dist-upgrade), that might make a difference. There was a particular issue related to dragging objects around that causes very frequent desktop restarts and the update provides a work around.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#17 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Re: desktop restart.

I believe Ctrl+Alt+Esc will restart moksha. There is also the option to restart from the start menu > about operating system > restart moksha

#18 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

While we are on the topic, how would one go about saving a profile without saving the .e folder, so that when you upgrade you pretty much have what you had. I understand that when you upgrade your past theme or some modules may not be available. But at least you would have your base set up.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#19 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Poke around in the .e folder you'll see profiles in there. The default one is called "bodhi"

#20 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:23 PM

Back to one of the issues described, one more thing the OP could try is Esetroot and that box should go away. It should make all those black areas disappear. I use the command to make the black box around conky disappear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users