nm-applet missing on fresh install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolmark1995

coolmark1995

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

SO I decided to bite the dust and switch to Bodhi linux and all was fine in the live CD but when I finally was on an installed desktop I had no NM-applet on the ibar and there is no option to enable it under contents any way of fixing this sorta need it asap. please note using terminal I can manually launch the applet just to connect to the internet. I am on your standard install 64 bit

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4560 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

A few things to check. 

NM-applet by default is a startup application. SettingsPanel > Apps > StartUp > tab System> Network should have a colored dot. If not you should select it and click add > apply.

The bottom shelf content by default includes a systray. If not you must add it as the nm-applet icon needs it to be functional.

Please let me know your results.

Can't remember I've ever seen this reported before.

Enjoy,

Charles.

#3 coolmark1995

coolmark1995

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

A few things to check. 

NM-applet by default is a startup application. SettingsPanel > Apps > StartUp > tab System> Network should have a colored dot. If not you should select it and click add > apply.

The bottom shelf content by default includes a systray. If not you must add it as the nm-applet icon needs it to be functional.

Please let me know your results.

Can't remember I've ever seen this reported before.

Enjoy,

Charles.

So the weirdest thing happened Yesterday It would not show up at all but I restarted my laptop and it seems to of fixed the issue. Thanks for the response though I was just confused over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users