Photo

Chromium: can't move to other virtual desktop

Best Answer birdmun, 27 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

If you have the taskbar, you should be able to right click the tab? for chromium and get a similar list to what you would get by right clicking the application's title bar.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

For some reason, I've lost the ability to move a Chromium window to a different virtual desktop.  If I right-click the title bar for something like synaptic, those options appear, but I don't see the same thing with Chromium, regardless of whether "Use system title bar and borders" is checked. Possibly related: the appearance or not of the system title bar and borders appears to be the opposite of that setting; the borders appear when it's unchecked.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

I was never able to move chromium at all....

Bad Wolf

#3 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4522 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hmm, with the title bar checked (and visible) the option is there and works as expected. Bodhi 4.1.0-64.

Obviously without the gtk border this option is not available.

Enjoy,

Charles

#4 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

I was never able to move chromium at all....

Well, I moved from Chrome to Chromium some while back when Chrome support for 32-bit Linux ended.  It's entirely possible that I've never been able to move Chromium and simply didn't realize it.

#5 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hmm, with the title bar checked (and visible) the option is there and works as expected. Bodhi 4.1.0-64.

Obviously without the gtk border this option is not available.

Still haven't gotten around to upgrading to 4.x, and I'll be sticking with 32-bit.  Laptop has a 64-bit processor but only 2GB of RAM, which just isn't enough for reasonable performance with a 64-bit OS.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Make sure you have Chrome / Chromium set to "use system borders" otherwise you won't see moksha's settings.

#7 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:33 AM   Best Answer

If you have the taskbar, you should be able to right click the tab? for chromium and get a similar list to what you would get by right clicking the application's title bar.

#8 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

Thanks, that's helpful. The option to move to other desktops does appear on the taskbar button, even though nothing along those lines appears when right-clicking the title bar.

#9 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

You were also asked about using system title bars and borders.

#10 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1582 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

I can see the issue seems to be solved. Nevertheless consider the E/Moksha powerfull shortcuts. It is easy to bind a key with an item from Window actions list. I mean, send window to another desktop.  

#11 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4522 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Well, talking about alternatives. If you have a visible pager you can drag the chrome icon from your current desktop to another desktop and the window will move to that desktop. More easy than clicking around.  ;)

Enjoy,

Charles.

#12 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

never knew that one...

#13 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Well, talking about alternatives. If you have a visible pager you can drag the chrome icon from your current desktop to another desktop and the window will move to that desktop. More easy than clicking around.  ;)

Whoa. That's nifty.  Thanks.

#14 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

Similar to Charles' tip: I go to a clear desktop. I pull the app's icon from the pager into the clear desktop and BAM One can also move an entire desktop with a mouseclick, and all its windows will reappear on that other desktop--an entire workspace, as a matter of fact, useful when editing a few images concurrently in GIMP

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users