Photo

File manager

Best Answer banjoman, 07 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

Thank you so much. I did try to install PCManFM from the Bodhi AppCentre, however it was already installed. I tried to choose it in the settings, but got an error message that it could not be used or loaded.

I decided to completely install Bodhi again, so everything is ok.

I am trying out Bodhi on a Toshiba Satellite Pro - rather left behind now in terms of computing power. I have tried full Linux installations (Mint - my particular favourite - Ubuntu and Zorin), but it struggles. Bodhi is lightweight but looks very stylish and so far is running really well - I am impressed.

It is great to know there is a responsive forum to turn to. No doubt I shall be back here soon with another issue to resolve.....

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

I have managed to disable the file manager, when I click Menu>Places>Home a warning message is displayed along the lines - Enlightenment Filemanager cannot be run, choose a custom filemanager.

I have been exploring (messing with) settings!!

How do I fix this? thanks

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Yes, E file manager was disabled in default installation because of its lack of features. You can use PcmanFM or different FM if you like this way: 

Open "quick launcher (ALT + ESC)" and type "places"

The Places module settings dialog should appear

Check "Use the custom file manager" and enter its name.

Confirm your settings

BTW: Welcome in Bodhi community

#3 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:54 AM   Best Answer

Thank you so much. I did try to install PCManFM from the Bodhi AppCentre, however it was already installed. I tried to choose it in the settings, but got an error message that it could not be used or loaded.

I decided to completely install Bodhi again, so everything is ok.

I am trying out Bodhi on a Toshiba Satellite Pro - rather left behind now in terms of computing power. I have tried full Linux installations (Mint - my particular favourite - Ubuntu and Zorin), but it struggles. Bodhi is lightweight but looks very stylish and so far is running really well - I am impressed.

It is great to know there is a responsive forum to turn to. No doubt I shall be back here soon with another issue to resolve.....

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

We are here for you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users