Photo

Places gadget & Minimize icon

Best Answer banjoman, 09 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

:unsure: OK, sorted now - I took the Tasks gadget off the the bottom pane (still don't know what to call it - its a shelf isn't it?). That displays the active windows of course. I put it back - now I can restore my minimized program windows!

I cannot grab the wi-fi icon, the left-click and right-click display the same menu (ie network connections options), but then it is not listed under gadgets, so perhaps it is not a gadget(?)

I like the windows roll-up (shade) facility. Just going to find out what an ibox is now.......

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

I have  really odd icon for the Places gadget I have added to my shelf places%20gadget.png?dl=0 (Not sure if this image on DropBox will display - I can see it by right clicking and opening in a new tab.)

Clicking on the faint 'home icon' to the left displays the Home folder in PCManFM. Clicking the image of the 'lower part of a computer screen' displays the root folder and clicking the fragment that looks like a 'battery charge indicator' to the right does nothing!

This is not how the Places gadget icon should appear or function I'm sure.

Another oddity that I can't work out is that the minimize icon on program windows seems to close the program completely. Though as Moshka doesn't have a standard task pane/bar perhaps I need to set something up to display icons of minimized programs(?)

thanks....

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1427 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Please try to put your screenshot to the imgur.com and post the link here. Hmm, I m not sure but I think it is not the best idea placing the places on the shelf. I consider it more suitable on the desktop.  

I don't understand your second issue. Closing window instead of minimizing is really odd. Which theme do you use? It seems like it is theme related. Try to switch to another theme for supporting this idea.

#3 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

:blink: After a little more experimenting I have placed the Places gadget on the desktop. Yes it looks good there, it obviously doesn't fit on a shelf!

Here is link to image in imgur.com http://imgur.com/a/Dhjkg.

I am using Radiance theme. I have changed theme back to default but still cannot get a minimized program window, it does seem just to close down and disappear....

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1427 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

Do you have a taskbar on the shelf? Apparently not. Go to the shelf content and put the task gadget on the shelf. It should work OK. In case it is not on the gadgets list, the task module is not loaded thus load it under module section.

Taskbar is on the shelf by default. If there is not you have managed somehow removed it...

#5 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:04 PM   Best Answer

:unsure: OK, sorted now - I took the Tasks gadget off the the bottom pane (still don't know what to call it - its a shelf isn't it?). That displays the active windows of course. I put it back - now I can restore my minimized program windows!

I cannot grab the wi-fi icon, the left-click and right-click display the same menu (ie network connections options), but then it is not listed under gadgets, so perhaps it is not a gadget(?)

I like the windows roll-up (shade) facility. Just going to find out what an ibox is now.......

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1427 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

A systray module behaves differently. You have to use other gadgets as glue and move it to the right place on the shelf...Ofcourse you have to activate "Begin moving gadgets" with shelf right click before.

#7 Deepspeed

Deepspeed

Sir Creeps-a-lot

• Developer
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

To clarify...   the wifi icon is in the systray.  You can move the systray, but the clickable space on it is a box that is 1 pixel thick surrounding the gadget.  I've always had to try several times before I manage to grab the thin border and get it to move.  The best way is often what The Waiter said:  Use other gadgets on the shelf to push/pull the systray around when moving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users