Photo

install an executable as a deb would

Best Answer The waiter, 15 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Hello

You need to create a personal app launcher. Nothing hard to do, just try to follow the wiki page about this...

I think the 2nd example is for you (without esudo of course).

http://www.bodhilinu...tion-launchers/

If you have any other questions or need more help, feel free to ask.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 othmay

othmay

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

hi all,

So here I am with an issue or more like a question, I downloaded epsxe for my bodhi partition and everything is working well. But to launch the emulator I have to go the place where I put the executable downloaded on the official website. And I actually would like to "install" it as any other software I have already. By this I mean having it simply in the menu and launchable from the terminal from anywhere.

So I am guessing that I will need to make a directory somewhere like usr/games/ or something like this, make a bash file and maybe somethings else (since I am here to know what, I actually do not). And so I would like to know how to. I don't even know how to make a bash but I am not here for these details (I can get them by myself). I can't find the actual need of any software to be usuable as it is by default in bodhi. So I would like a little bit of insight to make this installation by myself and not with a simple deb file as I used to.

So (third one ^^)I hope I have made myself clear,since I am no native english I may not with a non-fully understood subject like this one. And if anything is necessary for me to explain just ask I'll be glad to give more info.

ps : my install is x86 for first info :).

Thankfully,

othmay.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1578 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:15 PM   Best Answer

Hello

You need to create a personal app launcher. Nothing hard to do, just try to follow the wiki page about this...

I think the 2nd example is for you (without esudo of course).

http://www.bodhilinu...tion-launchers/

If you have any other questions or need more help, feel free to ask.

#3 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

Along with a launcher, you may consider following the concepts that are mentioned in the linked video. Admittedly it is for the arduino ide and is being explained on Ubuntu, but, the concept is the same for other software and other distros.

#4 othmay

othmay

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

hidiho brothers,

First of all sorry, got a pretty tough week and could not get around this thing before right now, so thanks both of you for answering the waiter's solution was the one I was looking for but too easy cause of the gnu. And so birdmun came with a little more insight in the right direction. So thanks again for participating AND doing it well ;).

btw sorry about the wiki, I don't know why I just removed it from my brain. But still I'll go check it when needed before spoiling the forum.

Thanks again,

Thankfully,

Othman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users