26 replies to this topic

#21 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

I am just a baby developer and Linux newbie but some way I like coding. I wish I were skilled as Ylee or E devs. With 2 little kids + 1 wife and many hobbies I am happy I am able making at least some module or theme fixing. Making the new module is a big deal :)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

The screens look nice. I enjoy taking notes with an app while working on desktop environments too. Your design is slightly different in the sense that the notes are scribbled on the desktop itself instead of yellow post-it notes, imho the idea is quite refreshing as far as tiny me am concerned. These days I can hardly code anything more than HTML. Keep it up. B)

Son. Student. Citizen.

#23 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Another feature added.

Notification on change. Use it as you wish but I tested it on "mail" command and it shows up the notification when new mail comes. 

In general many code changing has been done. I did not want to make more deb updates as project is in the progress. Let me spent this weekend with testing and I will make a deb for your testing then. 

The last settings dialog:

e-59160bc77e3f67.81082708.jpg

Mailbox in the Sticky note. I will move this gadget to the hover later. No need to have it on the desktop.

zvGYyKQ.png

#24 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

moksha-stickynotes in the repository. I will be happy for any feedback... thx

Stefan

#25 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Nothing special, just another idea how to use Sticky Notes. Today forecast inside

Command is: curl sk.wttr.in/Sliac?1TQ (where Sliac is a city name)

e-5931c16eb31cb9.88958334.jpg

#26 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

Hello after some time in this thread

I must say I hesitated writing these words, because I am ashamed I did not know this. Human is learning whole life :)

Anyway, I am writing from my NTB with BL 3.2.1 and for some reasons I switched to ecomorph mode and realized the nice feature which I want to share with you. It is a hover layer which you can run with some binded key. It's a special desktop layer for adding gadgets. I knew this fact before but I didn't know it is transparent with ecomorph, thus very elegant. On the picture above I showed the weather inside the Sticky Note, which doesn't look very well on the desktop because of its size. Why not to place it on the hover and activate when needed. This is the example:

Z6fn78w.png

The way where to bind the key...

e-59b2dd7e395507.74309628.jpg

I hope it was useful info for you...

Stefan

PS: need to check how this works with compton on BL 4.x version

EDIT: yes, it is working fine with compton. Follow this link for enabling it:

http://forums.bodhil...screen-tearing/

#27 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

You know I never did quite figure out that "hover" configuration layer, until now. Thanks for the pro-tip with the keybind, too! It's like the post-its can be hidden, until they keybind reminds you that they were 'in your face' all along... :unsure:

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users