• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 technicalissue

technicalissue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

Hello,

I just started installing Bodhi Linux on my Chromebook Acer C720 following this guide: http://jeffhoogland....-acer-c720.html(except for I couldn't use the special .iso mentioned for its no longer there, used the most up to date version instead).

Almost everything works fine so far except for one things that's now causing some issues:

Both local and universal time are both set on March 8, 2082 with a different time to my actual time zone. When using the command

sudo dkpg-reconfigure tzdata

And choosing my current timezone, nothing changes. Something like

date --set="<Date&Time>"

only gives me with a line saying operation not permitted. Because of these settings all browser refuse to open most websites for almost all issuer certificates are expired due to the local date&time settings. Is there any fix for this problem or am I just seriously overseeing something?

A second issue I'm experiencing (not sure whether another topic for that is needed) is that the touchpad doesn't work as properly as it used to - have to use way more pressure on it in order to get the mouse moving.

Hope for some answers, thanks in advance!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Try to look at this link:

http://forums.bodhil...13-hours-early/

PS: Welcome :)

#3 technicalissue

technicalissue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

sudo apt-get install ntp

did the trick, thanks a lot for that!

Any ideas on the issue concerning the touchpad?

#4 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

For the touchpad, try running/booting the live USB, instead of the installed Bodhi, and see if the touchpad behaves better while in the live session.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

I had some touchpad troubles with the different kernel versions. Please type uname -r and send the outcome here to know which is yours. Maybe the good idea is searching which linux kernel is the most suitable for your piece of HW.

#6 technicalissue

technicalissue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

The touchpad does not behave differently in the live session, shows the same problems. typing uname-r results in the following:

4.8.0-34-generic

hope that is what you were looking for?

#7 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Have you used a different OS with your Acer before? Are you sure the touchpad behavior is not the same in compare with other distro? Is it a big issue to try Ubuntu or Mint live session just to be clear?

#8 technicalissue

technicalissue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

Well, I have used the pre-installed ChromeOS before. For some time I had an extra version of ubuntu installed via crouton. Problems did not occur. I may try another ubuntu live session to be clear later this week if possible.

The touchpad behaviour is certainly different to its behaviour in ChromeOS, for a minute after the first start I even was unsure whether or not it would work at all...

#9 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

OK. If you succeed with other distro, try to look at the kernel version and install it under Bodhi Linux. Just my suggestion. I hope it will work...

#10 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

Isn't there a Synaptic(the touchpad manufacturer not the application) package that helps with certain touchpads?

#11 Oblio

Oblio

Bodhi Team

• Team
  • 165 posts
  • LocationA desk in the Midwest

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

http://askubuntu.com...ag-under-ubuntu

...not quite a touchpad, but my mouse was experiencing - seems to me something along these lines fixed that issue....hope that helps...

Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.1GHz Quad, ASRock Rack E3C224, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16E11/8I DDR3-1600 ECC CL11 Intel Chips (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Samsung SM863 120GB OS SSD, 2x WD RED 3TB HDDs (Raid 0), Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Antec Earthwatts EA-750 80 Plus Platinum 750w PSU - Bodhi 4.1.0 64

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Quad, Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, 2x 2GB Kingston KHX8500D2K2 DDR2-1066 (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Intel 30GB OS SDD, Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB HDD, Seagate STBD4000400 4TB HDD, EVGA 500w Bronze Plus 80+ PSU - Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users