Photo

EULA Problems

Best Answer birdmun, 03 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

I don't recall EULAs, but, you could try installing those apps from the CLI by opening terminology either by finding it in the start menu or pressing the windows key + spacebar or opening the start menu and selecting run everything and then typing terminology

sudo apt install firefox playonlinux

You will see everything as it happens in the terminal and you should be able to get your apps installed.

If the packages are not found when you type the above command, you could also try

sudo apt update

and then try installing again.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BoxOgoo

BoxOgoo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

So I'm new to Bodhi and relatively new to linux, I'm using Bodhi right now because I currently have an older computer that I'm trying to make work well. I have a problem though with the Bodhi application installer.

It works fine with most applications in the appcenter but for a couple it hangs on the EULA terms. In particular for Firefox and Play on Linux, It gets to the EULA terms and asks if I accept "[yes/no]" and nothing I do will move it past this point. I've tried inputting yes, Yes, Y, y, [yes], [Yes]... ect. All to no avail. I have also tried inputing variations on no with the same results. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:27 AM   Best Answer

I don't recall EULAs, but, you could try installing those apps from the CLI by opening terminology either by finding it in the start menu or pressing the windows key + spacebar or opening the start menu and selecting run everything and then typing terminology

sudo apt install firefox playonlinux

You will see everything as it happens in the terminal and you should be able to get your apps installed.

If the packages are not found when you type the above command, you could also try

sudo apt update

and then try installing again.

#3 BoxOgoo

BoxOgoo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

After rebooting (because if the application installer hangs once it messes with any future attempts to install stuff) I tried your suggestion.

It worked and this time when I was presented with the EULA I could actually select the options given.

Which of course raises the question of why the installation defaults to Bodhi application installer if it cannot handle the EULA portion of installs?

Thanks either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users