• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hi friends !

I installed to the system above and can't get the normal resolution.

The screen is also distorted.

But the funny thing is.. if I boot the same Image from USB with Live everything is good ?

Thanks Thomas

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

What is your current screen resolution, and, what do you think it should be? You may be able to use arandr or xrandr to get the proper resolution.

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1007 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

i have used thinkpads for over a decades and never had issues.  hmmmm.

#4 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Did the installation again and now i have the correct resolutions. As i understand Bodhi runs on the intel GPU and not on my Nvidia.

I think thats the problem why its nor correctly working at the dockingstation with 2 Monitors.

Is there also a way to set the buttons for display brightness ?

Thanks Tom

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Do you mean the key bindings for the brightness? If yes, it is possible:

1. Menu-settings-settings_panel-input tab-key bindings. Then create the new key bindings for the brightness

2. Another solution is to have the backlight gadget on the shelf or desktop. Menu-settings-modules. Under first tab (Utilities) is the backlight module which you need to load. A bulb will appear on the shelf and you can try the functionality.

Feel free to ask if you need more help

Stefan

#6 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

If you plan to install the nvidia drivers some time in the future you can use the control panel to set the brightness and the layout of your dualhead rig. It can save your settings if you put a check next to Restore settings on boot. Set it up once, use the module and your Bodhi will be ready every time.

Thinkpads are suitable for linux, like greywizard says, especially when their keyboards don't have that logo on them. It's only when you pick their unique 12-inch models with the unusual configurations that will tax your patience sometimes; I recall trying to get the stylus to work on Fedora, but did not have the time back then.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#7 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

If you plan to install the nvidia drivers some time in the future you can use the control panel to set the brightness and the layout of your dualhead rig. It can save your settings if you put a check next to Restore settings on boot. Set it up once, use the module and your Bodhi will be ready every time.

Thinkpads are suitable for linux, like greywizard says, especially when their keyboards don't have that logo on them. It's only when you pick their unique 12-inch models with the unusual configurations that will tax your patience sometimes; I recall trying to get the stylus to work on Fedora, but did not have the time back then.

How can I install the Nvidia drivers.. didnt finde the right one ...

#8 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

See what you can get from this thread, but nvidia must have something newer than 346 by now. Get your display running properly before adding another screen lol :lol: You know, I recall insisting on showing the splash screen aka nvidia logo (via the nvidia control panel) before Enlightenment shows its splash screen--this is after plymouth--just to confirm that the closed source drivers were kicking in. Suggest you do the same, especially if you plan on using more than one display.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#9 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

Installed 375...everything is now blazing fast ;)

Could it be that the battery lasts longer with the dedicated graphics ?

#10 Oblio

Oblio

Bodhi Team

• Team
  • 165 posts
  • LocationA desk in the Midwest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

[edit]

misread and entered a stupid reply...dah

Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.1GHz Quad, ASRock Rack E3C224, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16E11/8I DDR3-1600 ECC CL11 Intel Chips (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Samsung SM863 120GB OS SSD, 2x WD RED 3TB HDDs (Raid 0), Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Antec Earthwatts EA-750 80 Plus Platinum 750w PSU - Bodhi 4.1.0 64

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Quad, Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, 2x 2GB Kingston KHX8500D2K2 DDR2-1066 (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Intel 30GB OS SDD, Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB HDD, Seagate STBD4000400 4TB HDD, EVGA 500w Bronze Plus 80+ PSU - Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 64

#11 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4472 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Installed 375...everything is now blazing fast ;)

Could it be that the battery lasts longer with the dedicated graphics ?

AFAIK it's the opposite, the onboard graphic chip is less power hungry. But in your situation you hardly have a choice I think.

Glad you got it working.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users