• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 odelclos

odelclos

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hello,

I've just installed Bodhi Linux 4.1 32 bit on my subnotebook and was trying to install the AMD drivers for the embeded Radeon.

During the install process, I got this error message :

"fglrx installation requires that the system has kernel headers.  /lib/modules/4.8.0-34-generic/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.

Install kernel headers using the command apt-get install linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic.

So I ran the command "apt-get install linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic" and I got the following answer : "linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic is already the newest version (4.8.0-34.36~16.04.1)"

I looked into the /lib/modules/4.8.0-34-generic/build/include/linux/ directory and found no version.h header file

Can you help ?

Thanks a lot ,

Olivier,

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4576 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Bodhi is a minimal distro and does not have all packages you might need for installing a proprietary driver. You can try

sudo apt-get install build-essential

Reboot and try to install the driver again. Don't have amd gear in my machine, so can't test this myself.

Enjoy,

Charles

#3 odelclos

odelclos

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

Merci, j'ai trouvé la réponse ici : https://askubuntu.co...on-ubuntu-15-10

Le fichier version.h est situé ailleurs dans l'arborescence, il faut faire un lien symbolique pour permettre l'installation.

#4 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

For the non French readers here. This is what was said according to google translate.

Thanks, I found the answer here: https: //askubuntu.co...on-ubuntu-15-10

The file version.h is located elsewhere in the tree, it is necessary to make a symbolic link to allow the installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users