• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 odelclos

odelclos

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hello,

I've just installed Bodhi Linux 4.1 32 bit on my subnotebook and was trying to install the AMD drivers for the embeded Radeon.

During the install process, I got this error message :

"fglrx installation requires that the system has kernel headers.  /lib/modules/4.8.0-34-generic/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.

Install kernel headers using the command apt-get install linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic.

So I ran the command "apt-get install linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic" and I got the following answer : "linux-headers-4.8.0-34-generic is already the newest version (4.8.0-34.36~16.04.1)"

I looked into the /lib/modules/4.8.0-34-generic/build/include/linux/ directory and found no version.h header file

Can you help ?

Thanks a lot ,

Olivier,

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4440 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Bodhi is a minimal distro and does not have all packages you might need for installing a proprietary driver. You can try

sudo apt-get install build-essential

Reboot and try to install the driver again. Don't have amd gear in my machine, so can't test this myself.

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#3 odelclos

odelclos

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

Merci, j'ai trouvé la réponse ici : https://askubuntu.co...on-ubuntu-15-10

Le fichier version.h est situé ailleurs dans l'arborescence, il faut faire un lien symbolique pour permettre l'installation.

#4 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

For the non French readers here. This is what was said according to google translate.

Thanks, I found the answer here: https: //askubuntu.co...on-ubuntu-15-10

The file version.h is located elsewhere in the tree, it is necessary to make a symbolic link to allow the installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users