Screen Saver on New Install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nkonti

Nkonti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Why on earth would you have the screen saver option running on a new install? I was trying to breathe life into an old piece of !@#$ laptop with your legacy install and the screen saver kept kicking on which would take forever to "mouse" out of... finally after all the errors encountered during the install, I finally SMASHED IT and threw it in the garbage in frustration. The laptop was running XP without issue prior... I didn't feel like wasting anymore of my life on it but going through an XP reinstall so in the garbage it went. I wouldn't recommend this distro to anyone trying to breathe new life into an old piece of hardware. This sucked hours of my time that I will never get back. Sorry for the rant, just thought you should reconsider "screen saving" an install and maybe scraping the legacy iso. It clearly doesn't work well.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Oblio

Oblio

Bodhi Team

• Team
  • 176 posts
  • LocationA desk in the Midwest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

Why on earth would you have the screen saver option running on a new install? I was trying to breathe life into an old piece of !@#$ laptop with your legacy install and the screen saver kept kicking on which would take forever to "mouse" out of... finally after all the errors encountered during the install, I finally SMASHED IT and threw it in the garbage in frustration. The laptop was running XP without issue prior... I didn't feel like wasting anymore of my life on it but going through an XP reinstall so in the garbage it went. I wouldn't recommend this distro to anyone trying to breathe new life into an old piece of hardware. This sucked hours of my time that I will never get back. Sorry for the rant, just thought you should reconsider "screen saving" an install and maybe scraping the legacy iso. It clearly doesn't work well.

Sorry to hear about the frustration...

I think you are referring to screen blanking?  You can turn it off or extend the amount of time before blanking.  Were you actively using the Laptop while it blanked?

I have a Thinkpad that is older than dirt and haven't run into this.

Community, any known install bugs or anything? 

I'm wondering if something on the install media may not have been quite right? 

Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.1GHz Quad, ASRock Rack E3C224, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16E11/8I DDR3-1600 ECC CL11 Intel Chips (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Samsung SM863 120GB OS SSD, 2x WD RED 3TB HDDs (Raid 0), Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Antec Earthwatts EA-750 80 Plus Platinum 750w PSU - Bodhi 4.1.0 64

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Quad, Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, 2x 2GB Kingston KHX8500D2K2 DDR2-1066 (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Intel 30GB OS SDD, Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB HDD, Seagate STBD4000400 4TB HDD, EVGA 500w Bronze Plus 80+ PSU - Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 64

#3 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4617 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Hmm, I could not detect a question for support in the original post, so I did not bother to answer. Why feeding the trolls?

The legacy version is fine with me and works A-OK on my 8 year old netbook. Nobody else wants to throw it out the window.

BTW, should this be moved to the feedback section?

Enjoy,

Charles.

#4 Oblio

Oblio

Bodhi Team

• Team
  • 176 posts
  • LocationA desk in the Midwest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hmm, I could not detect a question for support in the original post, so I did not bother to answer. Why feeding the trolls?

The legacy version is fine with me and works A-OK on my 8 year old netbook. Nobody else wants to throw it out the window.

BTW, should this be moved to the feedback section?

Enjoy,

Charles.

Sorry and true true...I thought there may be a possible chance for support...suppose with the PC in the garbage, we can't do a lot. 

(Hopefully the battery was removed and safely recycled first...well...all of the electronic components...)

"Feedback" seems appropriate.

Thank you, Charles.

Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.1GHz Quad, ASRock Rack E3C224, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16E11/8I DDR3-1600 ECC CL11 Intel Chips (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Samsung SM863 120GB OS SSD, 2x WD RED 3TB HDDs (Raid 0), Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Antec Earthwatts EA-750 80 Plus Platinum 750w PSU - Bodhi 4.1.0 64

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Quad, Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, 2x 2GB Kingston KHX8500D2K2 DDR2-1066 (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Intel 30GB OS SDD, Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB HDD, Seagate STBD4000400 4TB HDD, EVGA 500w Bronze Plus 80+ PSU - Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users