Photo

Bodhi x32+midori+youtube

youtube midori HTML5

Best Answer HarryFox, 29 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

Ehhmm. I really don't know what just happend, but SUDDENLY it started work. i totally confused and misunderstood. 
The Last thing what I did was installing vivaldi and firefox browsers. Sorry for that. I don't know what just happend. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HarryFox

HarryFox

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi there. I have an old netbook with atom CPU and Bodhi Linux x32 installed on it. 

I use midori browser and its awesome, but unfortunately youtube refuse to play any videos with HTML5 showing black screen. But, just yesterday I had the same version of Bodhi on the netbook, but x64 and youtube, and any videos in the internet works fine via HTML5. But x64 with 2Gb RAM is not rational and I installed x32.

I've also tried to install Qupzilla and because it uses Gstreamer too, it had the same problem with x32 system.

I want to use midori because its really awesome and lightweight browser, but internet without video... makes me feel pain.

Can anyone help me?

P.S.

Sorry for my English

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 HarryFox

HarryFox

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:29 PM   Best Answer

Ehhmm. I really don't know what just happend, but SUDDENLY it started work. i totally confused and misunderstood. 
The Last thing what I did was installing vivaldi and firefox browsers. Sorry for that. I don't know what just happend.

#3 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

this thread could give you a clue; midori is really there mostly to help one in installing software via apturl.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#4 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

this thread could give you a clue; midori is really there mostly to help one in installing software via apturl.

Thanks. I was quite puzzled by this as well and I could replicate this behaviour experienced by HarryFox on 64bit Bodhi 4.1.0 and 4.0.0 too. It is not an issue by now, but it was quite baffling initially when I started using Moksha.

Son. Student. Citizen. Farmer.

#5 Timmi

Timmi

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

I really like Midory.  It's no-nonsense small and efficient. Probably the best thing you can have on a distro, when you just let the users decide between Chromium and FireFox. 

The only website that I visit, and does not work on it, is facebook. 

For youtube, just visit the install website, install Flash, and youtube works fine. 

Youtube videos are mostly in Flash.  Except with the new generation of browsers, HTML5 takes charge of playing videos, instead of Flash. 

But as much as I hate it in windoze, flash does just fine for youtube on Midori. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: youtube, midori, HTML5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users