• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linmor

linmor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSierra Vista, Az.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Hello - just installed 32bit Bodhi the other day & I'm really likin' it!

Was looking for an even lighter distro than lxle that was already on my old emachines spare computer

and seemed like this might be the one & it is.

tried q4os but just not for me.

been aware of bodhi for a while now but didn't know much about it so I read reviews & watched a few

videos & it looked good, but it also looked like there might be a rather steep learning curve just to navigate around the menus.

But I had to try it. Spent about ten min. on live cd & was really amazed at how comfortable it felt

moving around in it, didn't expect that.

I know I'll be asking lots of questions once I start trying to dive deeper into this but really

impressed with the out-of-box experience.

had a couple of little glitches during the install, but nothing that I couldn't sort out on my own,

Running very well now.

Thanks so much for this fantastic OS!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

Welcome and ask away!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

welcome!

#4 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

Agree with linmor. Bodhi gave me innumerable meaning too in a similar way. Years ago I was actually using Debian as well as Puppy Linux. I had taken a look at several OSes ranging from AltLinux till OpenSUSE when a group of Tibetan monks threw me five or six laptops that required furbishing, and since then I only recommend Bodhi. I still switch OSes here and there because of varying computing needs, e.g. some of my users are hardcore proprietary software users, but if I were to be shipping refurbished computers to India where some youths are growing up in malnourished villages, I usually prescribe Bodhi, imho.

Son. Student. Citizen. Farmer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users