• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cordx

cordx

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Locationsatx

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

just wanted to take a moment or two to say hello from san antonio :) my name is cord

probably a decade or so ago my brother was kind enough to pass on his used A+ computer repair book. i can still remember my trepidation as i opened the case on dad's emachine to replace the cpu fan with the squeaky-grindy sound. now i like to help out friends and neighbors with their computer woes in part because i like to help, but also because i like a good puzzle :)

bit by bit i figured out how to do a thing or two from the command prompt and that intrigued me even moreso. it was probably hanging out in the forum over on professor messer that i met my first linux systems administrator. mint didn't seem to want to play too terribly friendly with the aging laptop i was working on at the time, but i was even further intrigued by the open source concept and determined that one day i would find a flavor that worked for me.

last year i was lucky enough to find my way into a good deal on a nice used laptop. come to find out that was because the win10 install was a mess to say the very least. i figured i might as well add a distro to it in case i wasn't able to sort out the window issues. in all honesty ubuntu mate is just fine and runs with a fairly light footprint as well, but there was something about the name bodhi and the simplicity of the moksha desktop that i quite enjoy :)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Greetings from Singapore and glad you are using Bodhi. San Antonio has been a place that I truly grew up interested in, even till this morning I was still trolling the news as the Spurs lost another game in the western conference finals against Gold State Warriors. I have been a fan since the time of David Robinson. In recent years I have spent less and less time before the television set as a couch potato, preferring tinkling with machines as I age, but I do unconsciously follow the domestic rivalries hailing from Texas. 

Son. Student. Citizen.

#3 cordx

cordx

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Locationsatx

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

thank you for your kind words of welcome from singapore :) i have been in san antonio for about a decade so my knowledge of the spurs starts in the era of david robinson and the twin towers he anchored with tim duncan. it wasn't until i moved here that i learned of the iceman george gervin (george "iceman" gervin). we have a local grocery store that stars some of the spurs in its tv ads and he shows up in them from time to time. one of the reasons i mention him is that he has an alternative school here for kids who don't do as well in a traditional learning environment. i like that version of giving back :)

#4 bob rashkin

bob rashkin

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Location26.13069N,97.63676W

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Welcome (from San Benito, Rio Grande Valley)

Bob Rashkin

#5 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

welcome from no man's land!

enjoy Bodhi!

#6 cordx

cordx

• Members