execute Arandr shell script at startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

I would like to execute an arandr shell script at startup. No success following general instructions for startup shell scripts. Any ideas?

Seems the only way to get Bodhi default to the external monitor at startup as only screen output device.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

I am running Arch with Moksha(none of that matters really). I would offer the same info I shared here:

http://forums.bodhil...randr/?p=104054

#3 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Wolfgang,

No, there is no hard limit to the number of displays; it is only limited by your output ports...or your imagination. Let us know how far you have progressed after following Birdmun's link. If your setup is anything similar to my earlier nvidia desktop, the nvidia config tool should get the displays up and running; and the checkmark opposite Restore settings on boot? could do the job of an aRandr for you.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#4 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Thanks folks but unfortunately this did not work. Arandr allows to save current settings in a shell script. Very convenient, but I would like to have it executed automatically at boot /reboot. Following the usual instructions for start-up auto exec of shell scripts, I do not get the script to run. This would really be the easiest solution to a monitor issue, but I am unable to figure this out. Any suggestions on the question of how to exec the arandr script at boot will be much appreciated.  thanks, w

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

It should be easy to do what you want:

Try to follow this link:

http://forums.bodhil...ayout/?p=100119

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4567 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Please  define "at boot time" 

Is this before or after the login. In other words, should this be a user setting or a system setting.

Enjoy,

Charles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users