8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

These passed my sanity checks, but I always like others to verify things look OK before declaring things a release. Please check out the ISO images here if you are interested in testing and let me know if everything looks ok.

https://sourceforge....ux/files/4.2.0/

Just a normal update release to keep the ISO images fresh. Things of note are a 4.10 kernel by default and Swami is now installed by default with the system modules that work. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Mr.J

Mr.J

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Great news, thanks to the team. Will be tested.

#3 Mr.J

Mr.J

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

A quick feedback. I have created a bootable USB drive and have tested the download with it:

- everything seems to work fine and fast (it is Bodhi), only the shut down/power off in the test mode of the USB drive hanged (perhaps my fault?)

- Swami Control Panel is useful for sure; it should be part of the distro

- Kernel 4.10 is a good choice (I am still a fan of the 4.4 LTS series, Synaptic will help in that case)

Questions: Is it possible to put Swami in the Appcenter for those who stick to Bodhi 4.1? Is it possible to put in the Appcenter also a GUI-tool for USB formatting and writing ISO-files? 

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

You need to press the "enter" key when shutting down for it to fully click off. Always been that way.

Existing Bodhi users can install Swami by running the commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install swami-control

#5 Mr.J

Mr.J

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Thanks, and that is what I have forgotten to do (to press "enter"). So everything works and as far as I can tell the Bodhi 4.2-iso is running flawlessly. Excellent work. 

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4560 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hmm, tested the legacy and the 64bit in a virtual machine without issue so far. Next testing an uefi install in VB too. Will play a bit with Swami later.

No 32 bit (pae) version?

Download statistics for 4.1 still show a lot of people choosing that.

Enjoy,

Charles

#7 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1619 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

I will try to install on a real hw. Let me have some time. Mainly I wonder if the seqfaults or lock ups mentioned before will appear...

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

I am dropping the 32bit PAE discs with this release as mentioned previously. The subset of people who need a PAE extension, while also not being able to run a 64bit operating system should be fairly small. Those folks can also just install the Legacy disc and then a PAE kernel if they really need it. 

#9 Mr.J

Mr.J

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

What has to be clarified is that the latest update of Moksha makes the start-up faster and more elegant. The Moksha-emblem appears and just a flash later the system is ready to go. (There was no need for the sentence "loading the Moksha modules" (?)). Good decision and good work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users