12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

EFL 1.19.0 and Ephoto / Terminology 1.0 are now in the testing branch. 

Ephoto seems to bring a few good fixes with it. Really a slick application. Outside chance this EFL update fixes some Moksha hangs we have? Please test and let me know if it seems stable for you. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4558 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Hmm, tested it a bit and did not have any Moksha restart during fast desktop switches or on popups.

Ephoto is becoming more mature indeed, seems like I can get rid of Mirage.

Enjoy,

Charles

#3 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1614 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

I also sent my feedback to Jeff. No restarts or lockups here after 6 hours of using. Looks very promising... 

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

It looks like I actually missed the latest version - uploading 1.19.1 now so we can be on the latest snapshot. Please test and let me know how it looks. 

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

Using EFL 1.19.1 with Moksha for most of the day - not a single lock up with lots of on screen popups. I am going to rebuild moksha with window geometry displaying later tonight and seeing if that works now without lock ups. 

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1614 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Fantastic news for Bodhi after long time struggling with the serious issues.

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

I've put a moksha package in the testing branch that enables the popup when resizing application windows. Please let me know if enabling this with all these updates causes system lock ups. Unable to trigger one here. 

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

I've promoted the EFL packages + Terminology and Ephoto to the main branch. Leaving the Moksha update in testing for now till more people confirm window resizing does not cause lock ups for them. 

#9 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4558 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

No lock ups here with new moksha package.

Enjoy,

Charles

#10 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

I've promoted the EFL packages + Terminology and Ephoto to the main branch. Leaving the Moksha update in testing for now till more people confirm window resizing does not cause lock ups for them. 

I have noticed EFL 1.19.1 with its associated python-efl caused an issue with epad:  when you opened a file in epad it didn't display line numbers correctly (only get one) until you clicked the main Entry.

This is  with epad version 0.9.4bodhi4 as well as the version I placed in testing some time ago, version epad_0.9.6bodhi1. 

Therefore I patched epad to work correctly with the new EFL and added epad 0.9.4bodhi5 to bodhi's main repo. I haven't updated the 0.9.6 version in testing as I have another set of changes already in the works and I will update it when I have at least half way tested the other changes. 

Anyway users of the main repo can update/upgrade your system to fix this epad issue. Users of the testing repo can either wait, downgrade epad or manually apply the patch EFL 1.19 fix

Naturally if there is a problem with this version of epad or more issues caused by EFL 1.19 (with epad or otherwise) let us know  B)

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#11 Mr.J

Mr.J

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

I have played a little bit with epad and elementary. Great work, congratulations. I have not noticed an issue. It is hard to believe that Bhodi is running on so little ressources but offers that much comfort and eye-catching effects. Really beautiful style. 

This is excellent Linux. 

#12 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

I have noticed EFL 1.19.1 with its associated python-efl caused an issue with epad:  when you opened a file in epad it didn't display line numbers correctly (only get one) until you clicked the main Entry.

This is  with epad version 0.9.4bodhi4 as well as the version I placed in testing some time ago, version epad_0.9.6bodhi1. 

Therefore I patched epad to work correctly with the new EFL and added epad 0.9.4bodhi5 to bodhi's main repo. I haven't updated the 0.9.6 version in testing as I have another set of changes already in the works and I will update it when I have at least half way tested the other changes. 

Anyway users of the main repo can update/upgrade your system to fix this epad issue. Users of the testing repo can either wait, downgrade epad or manually apply the patch EFL 1.19 fix

Naturally if there is a problem with this version of epad or more issues caused by EFL 1.19 (with epad or otherwise) let us know  B)

For the record I updated the ePad version 0.9.6  in testing to reflect this change as well took Jeff's suggestions he made somewhere (maybe facebook) to toggle line numbers and word wrap.  Any issues with the version of ePad in the testing repo please contact me or post on my other ePad thread: ePad 0.9.6 in Testing.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#13 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Just a note I updated the info at enlightenment.org's Packaging Status page to reflect these changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users