• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 PM

all i can say is i owe you guys bigtime somehow.  i was afraid no more bodhi for me.  now to get this one fixed re: HD stuff

and get my wife to get into bodhi and update my other 2 personal one i am golden  a 100% bodhi house.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#82 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:09 PM

after dealing with radiance theme from appcenter

---------------------------------

Hit:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-updates InRelease
Hit:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-backports InRelease
Hit:6 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-security InRelease
Ign:7 http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhixenial Release.gpg
Reading package lists...

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following additional packages will be installed:
  humanity-icon-theme light-themes ubuntu-mono
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance humanity-icon-theme light-themes ubuntu-mono
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.Need to get 5,688 kB of archives.After this operation, 28.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-updates/main amd64 humanity-icon-theme all 0.6.10.1 [1,289 kB]
Get:2 http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhixenial/b4main amd64 bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance all 0.19 [4,069 kB]
Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-updates/main amd64 ubuntu-mono all 14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1 [177 kB]
Get:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntuxenial-updates/main amd64 light-themes all 14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1 [153 kB]
Error: debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialogdebconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)debconf: falling back to frontend: ReadlineError: debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readlinedebconf: (This frontend requires a controlling tty.)debconf: falling back to frontend: TeletypeError: dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: Fetched 5,688 kB in 3s (1,634 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package humanity-icon-theme.(Reading database ... 
(Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%
(Reading database ... 55%
(Reading database ... 60%
(Reading database ... 65%
(Reading database ... 70%
(Reading database ... 75%
(Reading database ... 80%
(Reading database ... 85%
(Reading database ... 90%
(Reading database ... 95%
(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 185409 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../humanity-icon-theme_0.6.10.1_all.deb ...
Unpacking humanity-icon-theme (0.6.10.1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package ubuntu-mono.
Preparing to unpack .../ubuntu-mono_14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1_all.deb ...
Unpacking ubuntu-mono (14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package light-themes.

Preparing to unpack .../light-themes_14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1_all.deb ...

Unpacking light-themes (14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance.

Preparing to unpack .../bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance_0.19_all.deb ...

Unpacking bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance (0.19) ...
Setting up humanity-icon-theme (0.6.10.1) ...
Setting up ubuntu-mono (14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1) ...

Setting up light-themes (14.04+16.04.20161024-0ubuntu1) ...

Setting up bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance (0.19) ...

#83 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4420 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Sorry about the incomplete instructions above, just didn't have time to actually install it until now.

Ok, I was able to install it on my Bodhi 4.2 - 64bit install on my ASUS laptop exactly like this

Open a terminal and type the stuff that's not in parentheses --

(update your repositories)
sudo apt-get update
  (install some packages that will be required by gpointing settings)
sudo apt-get install gconf2 man-db desktop-file-utils mime-support menu
  (make a temp directory)
mkdir temp
  (move into that temp directory)
cd temp
  (download the 'libgpds0' deb file that is required by gpointing settings)
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/128621864/libgpds0_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb
  (install the 'libgpds0' package)
sudo dpkg -i ./libgpds0_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb
  (download the 'gpointing-device-settings' deb file)
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/128621862/gpointing-device-settings_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb
  (install the 'gpointing-device-settings' package)
sudo dpkg -i ./gpointing-device-settings_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb

I now have "Pointing Devices" in the Preferences portion of my main menu.

Hmm, something about "best practice" in my experience. Could have prevented the dpkg lock above.

mkdir debs
cd debs
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/128621862/gpointing-device-settings_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/128621864/libgpds0_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i libgpds0_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb gpointing-device-settings_1.5.1-6ubuntu2_amd64.deb

In case of errors run
sudo apt-get install -f
#(will correct missing dependencies)
sudo dpkg --configure -a
#(should configure packages that were not fully installed/configured)

The packages you installed in advance are available in the repos, only these two had to be taken from launchpad.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#84 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

sorry so you want me to run all of these?ran the first 5 lines.

so what did i do worng?  also how do i clean up the hard drive issues?

oh - thank you!

#85 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4420 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

sorry so you want me to run all of these?ran the first 5 lines.

so what did i do worng?  also how do i clean up the hard drive issues?

oh - thank you!

No, do nothing, you have gpointing settings working. This might be usefull for your next computer though as it might prevent all those errors you were suffering.

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#86 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

sorry i did run them.  didn;t know if you would be back today.  hope i didn't mess things up.

also i noticed that in 3 you could scroll up or down or or or double click at the top of the window to roll them up or open them - in 4 it doesn't work - is that correct?

eve the stuff that you said if there was an issue just in case.

#87 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4420 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

OK, you want to resize your system partition and that can not be unmounted. Better boot a liveCD and run gparted from there.

You should select sda1 and choose resize. Leave it at least at 30GB in size to avoid possible issues with space in the future.

This will result in a big chunk of unformatted free space.

You might prefer to select sda5 and remove that, next remove sda2. Now the free space is even bigger. Click in there and create a new partition. Make sure it is marked as "Extended Partition". In there you can create several partitions without being limited to four.

What is your goal?

Be sure to create a small (1000MB) partition at the end of the drive and assign it to linux swap area.

#88 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:39 PM

gparted via live cd does not let you delete sda5 and above without unmounting them or some such thing and there is no way that i could find to do it.  i am trying to reclaim that - that is wasted and unless i get rid of it it will be wasted forever on the life of this computer.  when i reinstalled bodhi4 i was hoping it would write over the entire thing which i chose to do.

i also found the rollup window setting in the windows focus area.  never knew how i got it to work on my other 2.  now i know.  the shower refreshed me a bit.

i really am so glad you both helped me get this going.  so - also - when i do my other 2 more important thinkpads - i should do the first half of sef's stuff and then your new tweaked stuff right therafter.

#89 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4420 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

OK, last remark for the day. 

In gparted right-click on the partition you want to modify. In the popup menu you will see an option "unmount" Click on it. When you right-click the swap partition you will have an option "swapoff". Click on it. This will make this special area available for modifications.

#90 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

i believe i did do that and it did not appear - I will check it out again - once again thank you for everything!  

lastly  - i am having some moksha issue from time to time.  more than i have ever had in 3 - not complaining just not sure if there is an issue you guys are aware of or what.

:-))))

#91 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Ok when i got into gparted - everything seemed to be in better odrer than it was so i left it all alone.

#92 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Today, 11:02 AM

Re: gpointing devices---- to anyone who decides to use it or in my many cases needs it - there is a workaround that one has to do at every startup and extremely rarely after a suspend, and i mean rarely... click on tapping tab, and then you have to uncheck the disable tapping and then check the disable checking and then close out.  that is not a problem - Charles told me a yr and half ago that is what will make it work -an i do religiously at startup and as i said, when i get a rare mouse behavior that needs me to do it.  Hope this helps.

#93 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted Today, 11:35 AM

Norman,

The next time you restart your computer, instead of doing the gpointing settings fix right away, try doing this in a terminal first and see if the problem goes away.

synclient MaxTapTime=50

If that doesn't work, try this next in the terminal

synclient MaxTapTime=0
synclient MaxTapTime=50

That 'MaxTapTime' value is the only thing I see changing when I check/uncheck the gpointing box in the synclient settings from the terminal.

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first, or as hopeless as it seems in the middle, or as finished as it seems in the end.

#94 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

Ok will try later today - may try doing the x201 this am and then on to my office x220 tomorrow.  still have to tweak up the r500 i did yesterday in the future.  have sotrms here again today and tomorrow may be too wet so taking advantage to try to get this done but i am exhausted from looking at the screen for 15 plus hrs a day intensely i may add.

#95 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted Today, 01:12 PM

well took the plunge and started doing bodhi 4 on the x220 thinkpad.... wish me luck!

#96 bob rashkin

bob rashkin

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Location26.13069N,97.63676W

Posted Today, 01:21 PM

luck!

Bob Rashkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users