3 replies to this topic

#1 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1580 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

About a week ago BeGo noticed Bodhi now has e21 in our testing repo. Jeff made the e21 deb files and I don't think that was even announced on our forums. I knew myself for he had told me.

But anyway the other day Jeff said, he had tried e21 out and had no major issues, but missed Bodhi Modules. So I am starting this thread to announce e21 modules I have added to our testing repo. Today, i fixed the version of forecast in enlightenment git (it had 3 issues I knew about) as well as ported the Bodhi's screenshot module to e21.

All modules I add will be prefixed by e21 and hence can be found at http://packages.bodh...ol/b4testing/e/.

Hopefully there will be no issues but if there is an issue with a given module start a separate thread here in testing explaining the issue. 

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1580 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Just an update, I have ported the clipboard module Štefan and I were working on months ago over to e21.

The deb files are now in the testing repo for usage and testing for anyone using e21.

It should be noted that these debs files lack a check to see if moksha-clipboard is installed as one should uninstall all moksha modules if you are using e21. They will not work on e21. But if you haven't then please do so before install e21-clipboard:

sudo apt-get remove moksha-clipboard

Now to install:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install e21-clipboard

Note:

I have created a separate topic for discussion of e21 in general. This thread is to list e21 modules added to our testing repo and perhaps modules users would wish to have added and other comments pertaining to this discussion.  So don't be offended if I move any comments off topic to another thread.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#3 gohlip

gohlip

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

pop@pop:~$ sudo apt-get install e21-clipboard
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package e21-clipboard
pop@pop:~$

Yes, done removing moksha-clipboard and 'apt-get update'

Is there something I missed?

[edit] - my bad, forgot to add b4testing to my repo.

Added in and installed e21-clipboard.

Looks fine, just have to unload some modules as pointed out by you.

But otherwise, appears and works same as previous.

Is there anything different or watch out for?

Thanks

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

#4 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1580 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

Another update, I have added the e21-alarm module to the testing repo. The version found on e-git failed to compile not being updated for a long time and hence not working with e21 code. I fixed all of the compile errors but admittedly one was a hack job. It compiles and installs and seems to function as intended. While the code has changed some from the moksha version the functionality is the same. I would love for some ppl to test it or to test the Moksha version. A bug or issue in one almost implies the same issue in the other. 

To install, be sure the testing repo is enabled and:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install e21-alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users