• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

ahhh yes.....  been a long time since i heard that one....  wow.

spaghetti sauce was nice after 6 hr cookdown.  usually with more tomatoes and time it cooks for 10-14 hrs and is so delicious.

salad and baked potatoes from the garden.  100% organic!  time to sit and relax - dr. appt first thing in the a.m.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

harvested around 250-270 garlic, 275 onions, beans, slad materials, herbs, tons of potatoes, and still more to dig, tomatoes already and peppers enough that i am making a big pot of spaghetti sauce right now,  strawberries and blueberries for fresh eating and jams that i made, cukes, raspberries, figs are all over the tree, carrots, bunching onions, chinese cabbages, and a few more.

earliest we have ever gotten tomatoes and the onions yellow candy and red candy - the yellow candy a lot of them are the size of a softball and even bigger.  what a year for my onions.  3-5 eggs everyday.  apples and asian pears are doing nicely.

some ales and porters i have made and a decent looking binch of grapes n the vineyard for wine!

I am smiling!

I understand your happiness perfectly! 

Son. Student. Citizen. Farmer.

#23 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

a lot of very hard work is paying off a bit.

#24 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

much rain is expected the next week plus and too much to do and the vineyard has so much work to be done for nets to go on for veraison.  lost some vines and redoing some and even lost some new and old to wabbits!   been a really tough year!!!!   hoping for a good year in quality and amount!

#25 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

well the grapes are turning.  veraison has started and i busted my butt yesterday and this AM to get the nest on the vines.  I seriously need new nets badly - but this is high pro nets - the same they use in california and france and wherever else they grow grapes and use nets.  birds are bad new.  one bird got in my nets last year and ate 1/2 of a row of grapes.  do you know how many bottle i lost because of that!  so i was forced to get this done before the storms come today and tonight as well as throughout the week.

lost a chicken last night.  

just made a batch of pickles and a bread.

maybe have some pinot noir later and make a salad.

That's all from Hooterville.

#26 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

picked half bushel of tomatoes this am and making sauce.  wow.  got a few packages of some grass fed beef from some friends and made some wow meatballs.  homemade bread, a chateauneuf du-pape, fresh garden salad and baked potatoes - red kennebek and yukon golds.

turned into an inside day - was supposed to bottle my taddy porter.   so cooking and doing notes and computer notes and files for the farm/garden and vineyard.

#27 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

baked pasts with sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese and parmesan in the oven with meatballs.

long day statred at 4:30 this am.

have to make a salad later or let my wife make it.  storms are almost here!

#28 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

Glad hearing. We spent a fair amount of effort experimenting with micro greens, it made sense to the rest but not really to me, and only in the recent weeks did we decide that we would go back planting what offers bigger leaves and hence more filling in our tummies. Had some home grown vegetables as a soup with anchovies this week too, helps with the digestion when we eat less meat. ^_^

DD3EbYIV0AE_PM1.jpg

#29 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

micro greens are the big thing nowadays.  they are tender but harvest is not the greatest from what i have seen.

#30 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

well harvest is continuing with bushels of tomaotos and cukes and plenty of weeds.  winter squashes and melons are started.  plenty of spaghettis sauce and pickles are put up.  but the heat is slowing some stuff down - need to get more planted for fall but no time and has been over 100 with 75% humidity.  sucks.  still a few more potatoes to pick. grapes - damn squirrels and birds despite the nets have gotten some and some have been ready to pick and the rest are almost there but they are starting to raisin and rot so harvest this year is the most touch and go i have ever had.  trying to let them hang but may have to pick earlier to save and get what i can.  and many days of storms on the way too again with heat and humidity.  man the last 4 years i have had a tough time getting a decent amount of harvest for wine.  frustrated.  was able to get new nets for next year,  need to salvage again what i can but will have new for when i need them.

could use one more person like myself  to help out here.  Maybe Jeff can do a app for a Bodhi clone so i can get the help i need.

#31 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

man - harvest is still going on - more bushels and more spaghettis/pizza sauce to freeze and made 2 batches of fig jam.  winter squashes in the freezer and more - need to get my 275 garlic in as soon as i can finish pressine my wine this next week and then weed some.  fall veggies are late to get itn.

freezer and fridge are full.

phew.

onions up the wazoo too.

still more pickles to make and more stuff to deal with.

then i can sit for a few days and have some wine and chill under the japanese maple tree and enjoy - fall will be here sonn and so far this month temps are 10 - 20 degrees below normal - so it has been better than usual - normally - just brutalllllllll

#32 Oblio

Oblio

Bodhi Team

• Team
  • 176 posts
  • LocationA desk in the Midwest

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

used tannoys for mixing

Sorry to stir up an old topic....but I just picked up a pair of old, blue, active Tannoys for cheap - a buddy had the red, passive versions back when they were new...I'm happy with them...that said, the Cantons and Genelecs that I have heard are definitely next level :)

Gardening, harvesting, beer/wine, code, metal - what's not to love here?!

Xeon E3-1220 v3 3.1GHz Quad, ASRock Rack E3C224, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16E11/8I DDR3-1600 ECC CL11 Intel Chips (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Samsung SM863 120GB OS SSD, 2x WD RED 3TB HDDs (Raid 0), Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Antec Earthwatts EA-750 80 Plus Platinum 750w PSU - Bodhi 4.1.0 64

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Quad, Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, 2x 2GB Kingston KHX8500D2K2 DDR2-1066 (Dual Channel), EVGA GeForce GTX 570, Intel 30GB OS SDD, Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB HDD, Seagate STBD4000400 4TB HDD, EVGA 500w Bronze Plus 80+ PSU - Bodhi Linux 3.2.1 64

#33 SmartDuck

SmartDuck

Zenware Developer

• Developer
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWaalwijk, the Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Great to read you had a good harvest.

We had a good harvest too, not much, we have a small garden.

This year we have beets, parsnip, turnip, spinash, vigs, raspberries, strawberries, prunes, tomatoes (3 different kinds), courgette, cucumber and herbs: sage, oregano, mint (5 kinds), thyme, lemon balm etc...

Lots of peppers jalapegnos and habaneros, we make our own sambal and pica (habanero peppers with unions in vinegar).

And prune jam: http://www.smartduck...=view&id_post=5

Work netbook: Lenovo 110s Ideapad running Bodhi 4.3.1 64bit

Web server: HP Compaq Server running Bodhi 4.3.1 Legacy

#34 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

tannoys are super and the canton karat series are so great too so clean you can and i have mixed and recorded stuff with them too.  before i bought the tannoys.

sounds like you had a great harvest too.  small garden yet done compactly can produce great stuff with decent soil.

jams are great - esp. in the winter with fresh baked jams and fresh eggs.

:-)))

#35 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:22 AM

Am handling compost in recent weeks as the neighbours started planting papaya trees that are a South East Asian solution for constipation. In general, reducing food waste whilst recycling organic materials from coffee powder till watermelon peels. The rotting stench can get quite pungent when decomposition is complete, nonetheless a cheap and effective eco-friendly approach in favour of Climate Action.

21557583_125622938089038_244844860550731

#36 SmartDuck

SmartDuck

Zenware Developer

• Developer
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWaalwijk, the Netherlands

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

tannoys are super and the canton karat series are so great too so clean you can and i have mixed and recorded stuff with them too.  before i bought the tannoys.

sounds like you had a great harvest too.  small garden yet done compactly can produce great stuff with decent soil.

jams are great - esp. in the winter with fresh baked jams and fresh eggs.

:-)))

Off topic... but I know Tannoys and Cantons sound great.... but if you have the skills try to build your own monitors. I use Tang Band full range units, they sound amazing, very life like, like if the band sits in your room and lots of fine details.

Work netbook: Lenovo 110s Ideapad running Bodhi 4.3.1 64bit

Web server: HP Compaq Server running Bodhi 4.3.1 Legacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users