• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

ok i run wireless 100% of the time.  i have seen a this happen a few times the last couple of weeks.  i lose connection and reset the cable or have to reboot.   reboot because i cannot get wireless to connect.  well it just happened and i reset and nothing. turned the connection of and on and i get this plugged in connection i guess - never thought about it before.  Though i did see it.  well i tried opening web pages and it all worked - the wireless icon is gone but the what looks like plugged in icon s there.  still there - it works - but why the change in icon status?  never seen this before but has been n and off in 4.2?  only way is to shut down and start again.  weird eh?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Have you tried restarting moksha to get the icon to return? Or, Logout and log back in?

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

no i will try it.  i never ever logout since i am the only account on my computers and the same for the wfie's and the old r500 now.  

ok reset moksha and the wireless icon partially come back.  just the tower on my icon image and not the surrounding parentheses to show signal.  go figure!

oh before the reset and also after when you click on the icon you cannot get a list of surrounding wireless netwrosk - i usually get the neighbor;s 3 or 4 and whatever else around here.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

you disengage and the reengage the wireless and the plugged in icon comes back.  very strange.

figured I'd point that out - 

as long as i know that the icon changes and that connection is still reestablished i am fine just never happened to me in the last yea and a half.

i figured I'd make this anomaly known because if it is a bug and the fix is easy you guys can do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users