Photo

Bodhi 4.2.0 - How to add Firefox to quick launch bar, please?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Centauri39

Centauri39

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Usually, in the lower left corner of the screen, there's a Midori Icon.

In other operating systems, this section is a quick launch bar, so I'm not sure whether this icon in Bodhi means,

it's a quick launch icon for Midori or whether Midori is running already.

In case, it 's a quick launch bar, how can I add an icon for an already installed Firefox next to the Midori icon, please?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4515 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Welcome to the forums.

The launcher gadget in the shelf is called "ibar".

The part that shows the active applications  on the shelf is called "taskbar".

Adding icons to the ibar can be done in more ways.

A very simple one is dragging the firefox icon on top of your window to the ibar and you are done.

In case you want to add more applications it is more simple to right-click in the ibar, next click on ibar and choose contents.

The dialog that pops up is clear enough I think. Don't forget to click on apply before closing the dialog. The order tab can be used to organize the icons you have in the ibar.

Enjoy,

Charles.

PS. The Quick Start that opens when you click on Help in the menu > About Operating System gives answers to most questions new Moksha users have.

#3 Centauri39

Centauri39

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Great! Thank you! :)

I did it with a right-click of the ibar.

So the shelf actually seems to be quite the same as in other systems.

On the left, the quick launch section, the middle with the open tasks and on the right, the tray icons.

#4 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Great! Thank you! :)

I did it with a right-click of the ibar.

So the shelf actually seems to be quite the same as in other systems.

On the left, the quick launch section, the middle with the open tasks and on the right, the tray icons.

Yes as it is set by default. But you are using Bodhi and Moksha Desktop, so everything can be changed to your own personal preferences. You might want to check out this ebook ...

http://forums.bodhil...book-published/

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#5 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Centauri39,

Those references mentioned by Randy and Charles are worthy reading so that you will find out how much your new desktop is also different from those other systems.You may start making little tweaks here and there, maybe the background first, or the ibar next, until eventually you come up with a desktop that's uniquely your own, with custom keybinds or shortcuts. A simple closing of the lid or an edge bind can trigger specific actions; there is so much to learn from this new system that you have installed--might as well approach it equipped with a little knowledge, instead of waiting for these bite-sized servings on the forum.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users