• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

I noticed that the last month or so was very lean for the bodhi team.  Please try to support the project. if you use it you should be able to at least offer $5 a year.  if not then buy a shirt or hat.  I have to Bodhi shorts and love 'em.  

I am not part of the team or anything - just love this distro and hate to see it disappear.  

i did sleep in a holiday inn last 2 nights.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1574 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I contribute but it is not money. Market place value for my time would amount to a lot of money tho. Anyways I keep hoping we get some cooperate sponsorship or some really big donations. But by all means we appreciate all the donations we get and all the work of our team members.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#3 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Agree with both the above. :)

Son. Student. Citizen.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

i hated to say this in he original post but if everyone could give $5-10 a yr per computer they run Bodhi on it would help significantly.

a distro of love re: the work people put into it.

#5 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

i hated to say this in he original post but if everyone could give $5-10 a yr per computer they run Bodhi on it would help significantly.

a distro of love re: the work people put into it.

Then don't say it, type it then. ;) Shall we start together a crowd fundraiser or some similar alternative where anyone that runs Bodhi has the option of donating $5 to $10 a year per computer that they run Bodhi Linux on it? One way we can make this happen in the USA is via GoFundMe, which once had the option of pledging donation dollars with a hyperlink that redirects here. The Bodhi Linux official Facebook page offers a Send Message button, it is not too difficult customising it adding a button that is a donation feature.

Even though I could do it, on one hand I have gone cashless and I try not to handle monetary transactions, besides GoFundMe or even Wepay supports audiences in specific countries, Jeff has to be the one owning your wish, not us forumers. I am supportive of your idea.

Son. Student. Citizen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users