Ever heard about Crackberg?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Centauri39

Centauri39

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

On my netbook with Bodhi 4.2.0 32-bit, there's the Fiberlamp screensaver, which is running after the netbook is idle for a while.

Then after some more time has passed, the screen gets black.

Sometimes, when the screen is black, I noticed some orange text, mentioning something about Crackberg and below this the folders of my personal folders are listed.

This is visible for only a few seconds (so it's almost impossible to take a picture of it) and then the screen gets black again.

Then wehn I touch the touchpad I'm asked for my password to unlock the screensaver and everything is as usual.

Have you ever heard about Crackberg?

What is it all about?

EDIT: Looks like it's a developer of a group of screensavers, isn't it?

I really was worried about this, because according to the name it might have been some sort of cracking having happened.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

xscreensaver brings you several screensavers in the set, but if one of them fails, the next piece in the set will proceed. You are given a glimpse of the reason it failed, and you can look at .xsession-errors to determine the cause. Most of the time you can figure out how to fix it; you can then run crackberg on its own to see if you fixed it. There is no need to be alarmed; it is only a screensaver after all, and this page confirms your finding.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users