Photo

printing in LO

Best Answer birdmun, 14 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Wholly unrelated, sort of. A guy at church has a Prusa i3 3d printer and he updated Cura, software to generate gcode for the printer. The software update actually got rid of or completely ignored his earlier config settings. Long story short, I wonder if a software update either got rid of or completely ignored your old config settings for your printer.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

ok had this with 3 when i first got the printer going and checked all settings for printer and in libreoffice.  i do not know how i rectified it since it was a year and a ha;f ago and did not have the notes in my file which is weird.  the page layout looks correct in print preview but when you actually print out the page everything is compressed into the left hand side of the page. any clues how to fix this.  printed out a contract and it looked terrible took the left half of the page and right half has no print on it.  thank you.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

checked printer settings and all print settings in LO and writer too.  stuck!

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

tried synaptic to install the hplip and still same print issue.  I am stumped. geez.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

well deleted the network printer and added back and printed out and it seems to work - no clue how the test pages and other stuff printed out fine and then it went bonkers until i redid all this - that is abosoutely weird.

#5 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

same situation with my office computer and checking wife's now.  all i can say is maybe some update set all the sttings off - they all worked fine before it was all tested.  what could cause this????

#6 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Dear mr Panicked Wizard :P ,

Calm down 1st, and,

Could you tell Us what your printer is?

and normally printer-driver-all is enough for common printer. ;)

#7 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

i am calm - and it is fixed.  the thing is why have to reinsatll hplip and the delete and then add back in the printer again?  i am at a lost to understand.  everything was checked out and working well on install and after until recently.  and yes it was all computers and all have been updated weekly and even a couple of times a week.

#8 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:19 PM   Best Answer

Wholly unrelated, sort of. A guy at church has a Prusa i3 3d printer and he updated Cura, software to generate gcode for the printer. The software update actually got rid of or completely ignored his earlier config settings. Long story short, I wonder if a software update either got rid of or completely ignored your old config settings for your printer.

#9 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

That is all i can come up with but i do not know what you guys know - just weird....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users