• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1065 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

if there is a gnome based application in synaptic does it mean it is available and will work in bodhi/moksha?

not sure it was there in bodhi 3 but a search for evolution and it was there.  thanks

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1065 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

i read somewhere that it needs gnome to work so i guess forget the question. thanks.

#3 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

When you install via synatpic or apt-get, deb files 'should' pull in all required libs(libraries) and any other files. You can use qt based applications too. Just realize you will pull in a whole batch of other things, if you haven't installed something already that requires the the extra files to run. By all means go ahead and select the app you want. See how many extra files are pulled in when you choose it.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1065 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Thanks Birdmun.  it seems like in the past i was told that certain gnome based stuff won't work or you really have to go under the hood and tweak bigtime to get something to run.

#5 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

Some of my info could most definitely be wrong. Unless your concern is storage space, I would go ahead and try installing software from synaptic. If it doesn't work you can always look/ask for help. I am sure it would be preferred if you try to find the answer on the interweb yourself, first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users