6 replies to this topic

#1 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Hello,

I use ezview to monitor ip cameras remotely but this application will only work on IE so I have installed Playon linux and IE 8 but I do not seem capable to connect to the Internet. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michel

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:40 PM

I am pretty sure your problem is a wine issue. I too have had problems with wine and internet connections. I can't begin to suggest a way to fix it. On a different note, you may try installing a plug-in that allows your browser to change its identity; some form of user-agent switcher. Maybe you don't actually need IE. Maybe you only have to seem to be logging in from IE.

#3 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

I am pretty sure your problem is a wine issue. I too have had problems with wine and internet connections. I can't begin to suggest a way to fix it. On a different note, you may try installing a plug-in that allows your browser to change its identity; some form of user-agent switcher. Maybe you don't actually need IE. Maybe you only have to seem to be logging in from IE.

It's more than identity I believe it has to do with some kind o a server that has been canceled on Firefox and Chrome but still runs in IE.

Thanks,

Michel

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

My colleague uses EZvis for his cameras (also problematic run under Linux) and I can see your EZview is also available for Android. There is another chance to solve your issue. Are you capable installing Android emulator in Bodhi? I believe in you :) Use Genymotion for personal use (which is free).

https://www.genymotion.com/fun-zone/

https://docs.genymot...-User-Guide.pdf

Have fun

Stefan

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12504 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

A quick search on the Wine application data base implies internet explorer never works well via wine: https://www.winehq.o...ternet explorer

#6 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

With wine on 3.2 I could connect to the internet via IE8. I know this because an MMORPG that I enjoy playing would work in wine but IE8 had to be installed to get some fonts, etc. I am currently in Arch and I can't connect with IE8 in it's native 1.7.42(?) wine install. It works with newer versions of wine, I think, but, the game does not work with newer versions of wine. When I get 4.2 installed on another partition I will be sure to update.

#7 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Wine's IE works but I think it is an old version and it will not run EZview. I will check the links above and will revert.

Thanks to all.

Michel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users