23 replies to this topic

#21 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4522 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

Thanks, seems to work. I was wondering how can I edit a menu entry, is that possible in Bodhi?

Yep, easy.

WIN+Spacebar opens the QuickLauncher, formerly known as RunEverything. Type unetb and you will see the desktop file with the unetbootin icon appear. It should be selected. Now hit TAB and next choose Edit  Application Entry. In the dialog window you can make edits.

Good that you reminded me, the only change to make there is the application line. Insert gksudo in front and the app will start asking for your password and will run if correct. Don't forget to hit apply so the desktop entry gets saved.

If you prefer another method, the desktop file is located in ~/.local/share/applications/

Enjoy,

Charles

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but,

#23 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Yep, easy.

WIN+Spacebar opens the QuickLauncher, formerly known as RunEverything. Type unetb and you will see the desktop file with the unetbootin icon appear. It should be selected. Now hit TAB and next choose Edit  Application Entry. In the dialog window you can make edits.

Good that you reminded me, the only change to make there is the application line. Insert gksudo in front and the app will start asking for your password and will run if correct. Don't forget to hit apply so the desktop entry gets saved.

If you prefer another method, the desktop file is located in ~/.local/share/applications/

Enjoy,

Charles

Tried it but it will not run with gksudo placed in front of the path. I still see gtk in the command line when I run it without gksudo where is that command located?

#24 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

It worked with this command "gksudo unetbootin" why?

Michel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users