• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1064 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

i have files - my 12 CD's and some other stuff.  I use VLC.  it seems like i can only play one tune and then i have to choose the next tune etc.  is there some way to get it so it plays one song after another in a folder as it would by playing the actual CD.  i.e. hit play for first cut and then the rest play in order without having to open each new cut.

sorrry but what am i missing?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Open VLC. Select View and Playlist. The view will change to a playlist and allow you to bring in a whole group of media at once. I noticed there is also a Open multiple files in the Files menu. One or both options should do what you want. While VLC is a wonderful piece of software, if an audio player is what you are using it for, maybe installing an audio player would be a better option?

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1064 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

thanks - and what audio player would you suggest - VLC may work now that you explained this a bit more.  I was nosing around there but did not catch that part.  Thanks again.

#4 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Nice, this page explains another option that lets you set vlc when the "open with..." prompt appears

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#5 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1064 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Thanks - i did check all that out - 

had to start vineyard harvest this am so been out there 8 hrs and am shot.  have to get another day in sat. due to storms tomorrow.  tried to let them hang for more brix but due to all of the rains i lost a lot more than i thought the last 1-2 weeks.  so looks like another tough wine year and even now - a lot more fungus on the grapes next year now too.

have to get the winemaking going and the press and then i can have a free moment to pursue this stuff again.

#6 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Mr wizard-if you have the places module--in Settings>Settings>Files panel there is a tab What to do when new media is inserted and you can specify whether they get mounted, autoplayed, etc. Back then when I had CDs, I would even specify the application to launch, or whether an icon is shown on the desktop.  

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users