Photo

How to add shortcut to terminal to menu / desktop

newbie question shortcut main menu desktop shortcut

Best Answer The waiter, 20 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

Open terminology. Right click on the title bar. Click the first item on the popup menu and set add to favorites. Now you should be able to have the quick access to the app with right click on the desktop. If not, just restart Moksha with ctrl alt end.

Why dont you add terminology to the default iBar launcher which us on the shelf? I think it is more handy than on the desktoo which could be covered with windows... Just my POV
Anyway, adding apps to the desktop is possible but little bit tricky.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sprinterdriver

Sprinterdriver

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hi.

I want to like to know how to add a shortcut to terminal to the menu - the one that appear when left-click on desktop.

Also, I would like to know how to add a shortcut to a folder to desktop. Would like to have a terminology icon on desktop if possible.

I just couldn't figure out how to do this in Bodhi.

Thanks

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1659 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:05 PM   Best Answer

Open terminology. Right click on the title bar. Click the first item on the popup menu and set add to favorites. Now you should be able to have the quick access to the app with right click on the desktop. If not, just restart Moksha with ctrl alt end.

Why dont you add terminology to the default iBar launcher which us on the shelf? I think it is more handy than on the desktoo which could be covered with windows... Just my POV
Anyway, adding apps to the desktop is possible but little bit tricky.

#3 Sprinterdriver

Sprinterdriver

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

Ok thanks, seems to be a good idea to add it to default bar, next to Midori.

I also selected "add to favorites menu", and now Terminology is the only entry there, so I don't quite feel the need for the favorite sub menu (at least before I get a little more comfortable with Bodhi). How does I remove Terminal from favorite menu?

It's ok to me to have it pinned down to the default bar, lower left :)

#4 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

Open your settings panel. Select Apps. Select Favorite Applications. Scroll through the list once it comes up and click remove then Apply and Close. Done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie question, shortcut, main menu, desktop shortcut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users