Menu Apps Icon Theme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Koesherbacon

Koesherbacon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

Hi Bodhi users, I wasn't able to find this bit of info, probably because it has too many keywords to give me an accurate answer.

How can you change the default ' ... ' on the app menu icon to something else without changing the entire theme?

Thanks a lot

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

I am not sure which icon you are referring to. Can you please post a screenshot to a site like imgur.com and link it here?

#3 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

I think I know which icon he is referring to, but ever since Moksha replaced that icon with its own better-looking one, I haven't seen it since.

@koesherbacon

It is not necessary to replace the entire theme; if you go to Settings>Theme and in Advanced mode one can mix and match components from other themes to come up with a unique custom look.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#4 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4617 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

The three square dots make the start-button to open the main menu. Click Settings > Theme and go to Advanced. Left pane scroll down to module/start and select it, choose a theme in the middle pane and you see the preview in the right. Click the button Assign on the left and hit Apply. Done.

Of course you need to have a suitable icon theme installed. You can find some in the Appcenter with a preview. Else you can do a search for bodhi-theme-

Enjoy,

Charles

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Menu, Apps, Icon, Theme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users