icon desktop problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beno

Beno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

hello , i just installed Bodhi linux and i am new user of linux , i have a problem with adding icon on desktop 

Please Help me how to add icon on desktop step by step if its possibile , i want to add in desktop for example browser , office , skype , video player so i need to add basic app ! 

Regards ! 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Adding icons to the desktop is not a trivial thing anymore. You would be better served by adding icons to the iBar next to the start menu, if all you want are shortcuts to applications.

One way that has been mentioned by Jeff to get icons on the desktop was to add an iBar to the Desktop proper rather than relying on the iBar in the shelf at the bottom in a default install.

To add shortcuts to the iBar at the bottom of the screen, the simplest way is to open the app, left click on the icon that appears in the top left hand corner of the application window and drag it to the iBar. Another fairly easy way is to click the Start Menu, select Settings, then settings panel, select Apps, then iBar Applications. You will see the whole list of installed applications and, if the window is wide enough, you will see radio buttons down the right side. Select the apps you want in the iBar, click apply and close. You might have to restart moksha to get the shortcuts to appear in the iBar. You can even drag and drop them in a different order, or, use the iBar Applications menu to set the order you prefer.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:23 AM

Adding an ibar to the desktop isn't too hard. Search for "gadgets" in the quick launcher. Select the "background" layer and then press "configure layer" and add an ibar to it. Then add applications as you please to said ibar. 

#4 Beno

Beno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

thank you guys ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users