Theme wallpaper menu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zak

Zak

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

Hello!  Very excited to be trying Bodhi.  I just installed it last night on a Thinkpad T41.  I read through the guide and intro info and got a pretty good start.  A few questions have popped up for me and I would be grateful to hear any thoughts or suggestions.

• I would like to make some adjustments to the main menu (remove some things, mostly) and can't figure out where to do that.
  • I did the eepdater after installing and it loaded some Elementary Test entries in my menu.  Where can I get more info on what those are for?
  • How do I save something to the desktop and have it appear on the desktop?
  • I saved a picture for wallpaper, but I can't figure out how to delete it.  When I go into Wallpaper and right click it, Delete isn't an option.
  • I would like to use the theme wallpaper with the icy mountain picture in a different theme.  Can I do that and, if so, how?

I don't want to wear out my welcome, so I will stop there for now.  Thanks in advance!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

From what I gather it is polite to welcome new posters to the forum. :)

Welcome to the forums!

When you say main menu, do you mean the list that starts with either Favorite Applications, Applications, Quick Launcher, ... or do you mean the actual list of installed apps? To remove installed apps I only know how to do it from the command line (terminal) without installing Synaptic.

sudo apt-get purge package-to-remove

package-to-remove should be replaced with the actual name of the package you want gone. TAB autocomplete should work with installed applications.

I know nothing about Elementary Test entries.

Putting things on the desktop has been asked a few times. To make it work like desktops you are typically used to is a bit of work. You can add an iBar to the desktop and then place things in the iBar on your desktop.

I believe the wallpaper image you are looking for is saved in /home/Zak(or whatever your username is)/.e/e/backgrounds/ noticed the . in front of the first e. For reference, you can also just go to ~/.e/e/backgrounds/ and get to the same location.

I will have to leave the mixed theme wallpaper to the more knowledgeable folk.

Wearing out your welcome would require you to do much worse than ask new user questions. :)

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

The elementary tests is a tool for testing elementary widgets. It is mostly for software developers and is part of the EFL package that some of Bodhi's tools are built on.

You can mix and match theme components (including wall papers) by playing with the "advanced" section of the theme selector.

Welcome to the forums. 

#4 Zak

Zak

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

Thanks Jeff - that gets me started in the right direction.

Birdmun - I am looking to remove some items from the menu that opens in the bottom left hand corner.  Or move around.  Don't necessarily want to uninstall anything.  Does that help clarify the question?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theme, wallpaper, menu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users