Live Preview - LIVE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 iceruam

iceruam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

So I installed Bodhi a couple of weeks back for just to try something new, I like it so far (I have been using  ubuntu(KDE and/or Studio)  for 11+ years now). I decided to install enlightenment on my mint system.  I installed it from a compile following these directions:

https://www.enlighte...os/ubuntu-start

But anyhow, the mint version of the live preview on the pager is "a live preview", it will show a thumbnail view of the desktop, not an iconized view of the desktop, I like this better I can see quicker what is running/open.

I am sure both have their advantages but how do I enable this on Bodhi if possble? 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

As I recall, the live preview is part of the enlightenment codebase that is newer than e17. Moksha is based on e17.. I do not believe you will be seeing the live preview in moksha unless someone else decides to make the effort to port the required code.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12525 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

This feature will not be backported to Bodhi / Moksha because we do not support the compositing manager since it eats up extra system resources. 

#4 iceruam

iceruam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the fast response, not a biggie, just was not sure if it was a setting I was missing...Cheers

#5 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4617 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hmm, using compton (a compositer) the pager gadget shows the various wallpapers for each of my virtual desktops and also I can see the open windows of the applications running there. The minimized applications stay invisible of course. This is the desktop thumbnail like you have in mint I presume. 

Instructions on compton see HERE

Enjoy,

Charles

#6 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

Hmm, using compton (a compositer) the pager gadget shows the various wallpapers for each of my virtual desktops and also I can see the open windows of the applications running there. The minimized applications stay invisible of course. This is the desktop thumbnail like you have in mint I presume. 

Instructions on compton see HERE

Enjoy,

Charles

or good old Ecomorph / Ecomp

#7 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

As I recall, Ecomorph has not been ported to Bodhi 4.x.

#8 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

this might be closer to what you're looking for. 

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#9 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12525 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Ecomorph and ecomp are actually in the Bodhi 4 repos. They have some outstanding bugs (especially with multi monitor setups) but work well enough on single screen systems http://packages.bodh.../pool/b4main/e/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users