• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eshine

eshine

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a Bodhi VM as a lightweight VM for testing. This VM has 3 virtual ethernet interfaces: ens33, ens38 and ens39.

ens33 is default connection to Internet, working as expected.

ens38 and ens39 are ports connected to virtual switches, port-to-port connections

Both ens38 and ens39 works fine if we configure then as individual ethernet IP port.

However, when I try to configure them as bonding ports, they don't work. I'm still at the beginning of this configuration.

My first try is using NM-Manager.

Although it has bonding options, after configuring it using 802.1ad option and adding both ens38 and ens39 as slave ports, it didn't come up.

The output from "more /proc/net/bonding/bond0" also shown bonding mode as load-balancing (round-robin), which was unexpected.

I can try setup this manually in the kernel, but before doing that I'd like to ask if there's a cook recipe to check if I'm missing something.

Thanks for your time!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 eshine

eshine

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Adding more info.

NM-Manager only allow you to configure bonding interface as manual (in my case in the ipv4 tab).

If you manually activate the bond interface with IP address the interfaces will come up. Example:

$ sudo ifconfig bond0 192.168.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

Still, output from "more /proc/net/bonding/bond0" continue to show bonding mode as load-balancing (round-robin), incorrect.

#3 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

this is the best my google-fu can do; hope it brings you closer. I was thinking, what if nm were inadequate, how could you proceed. Alas this is beyond my expertise--I hope it's a good lead

• sef likes this

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users