Photo

Bodhi services (repos, forums, website) will be intermittent this evening 9pm-Midnight Eastern Time.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tristam

Tristam

Distro Whipping Boy

• Administrators
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'll be doing long overdue maintenance on the Bodhi servers, including updates to the forum software, website software, and the underlying OSes and virtualization stack.  Services will be up and down from 9pm-midnight Eastern time this evening.  If you see errors during this time, it's all my fault most likely.

Tristam

Some days you're the pigeon, some days the statue

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Now Tristam, don't take all the credit/blame right away. Some things we can achieve on our own.

Here are a few excuses you can use on the unsuspecting.

1. Hey isn't there something on Netflix, like an old kung fu or Godzilla movie.
2. There is something in the fridge, that needs to be nuked in a microwave. Don't wait for THAT expiration date!

3. hey isn't it about time you quit smoking? Start *tonight*.
4. Ever been out to get some sun? At night, we have the "moon". No sunburn!

5. Your friend has been calling you. Think it's about that new game on the Xbox, or something. Call him back; maybe meet up at the mall? Finally!
6 Those pennies in a jar, in the garage. About time to cash them in, at the Kmart or something (they have a machine that will print out the amount so you can buy items at the store)
7 Some things the forum cannot help at all, no matter which version of Bodhi you have.

And Tristam, thanks for doing this. Don't say "Uh-oh" anytime tonight, or any other time. Hope it goes smoothly

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#3 Tristam

Tristam

Distro Whipping Boy

• Administrators
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Okay, I didn't get everything done and I went past my downtime window.  I'll schedule some more downtime when I have a chance to finish things, hopefully not a year later than it should happen.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days the statue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users