2 replies to this topic

#1 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

I dual boot Bodhi and LXLE (a spin of lubuntu with the LXDE desktop).  I like to tweak LXDE's config files, to customize it, and just to see how far I can push it.  I got tired of booting in and out so I added the Bodhi repo to the LXLE install. But not before setting a restore point with systemback. It worked like a charm. I haven't had any issues.

OBGLclw.jpg

Just a surprise! 

LXLE uses skippy-xd for window scaling (or window overview, expose). But skippy-xd is not compatable with Bodhi's Enlightenment desktop, or so I thought.

Surprise, it works with Moksha installed on LXLE, but not if I install it in my Bodhi 4.0 install. Have no clue why it works, although it does seem to open the overview in the lightdm log-in screen. But hey it works flawlessly, and I miss having it in Bodhi (ecomorph doesn't work in 4.0).   

But I'm gonna have to figure out what makes the difference.

KwM6SvC.png

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

You need to elaborate on this Surprise, it works with Moksha installed on LXLE, but not if I install it in my Bodhi 4.0 install. 

How does it work in LXLE or in Moksha installed on LXLE, how does one call it?

On Bodhi 4.0 How did you install it? For me on Bodhi 4.0 and installed from skippy-xd-daily PPA it works if started in a terminal via:

skippy-xd --start-daemon &

Altho it throws out some error messages as I use it. And I can then launch the window picker via:

skippy-xd --activate-window-picker
Does this not work for you?

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#3 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

I'll be danged, they finally fixed it. I have been using skippy-xd-fix , because for a long while the skippy-xd app wouldn't show minimized apps.  skippy-xd-fix still doesn't work with bodhi. Go figure.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Window Scale, Moksha, LXDE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users