Photo

Arandr layout hotkeys

Best Answer Fishchip, 07 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

The game does change resolution -- sorta. In my two test games so far, one just stretches ugly and also doesn't remember res (Terraria, it'll always start 1920x1080 no matter what I do) and the other just creates a black screen with a box the size of the resolution I asked for :P Not ideal.

So I don't mind changing the entire system resolution when I have to prior to starting because that does work and it's easy, but I do want to streamline it with hotkeys and there's my original problem, the hotkeys don't seem to work, even just sitting on the desktop.

edit: solved. Changed res via xrandr command and bound them direct in Moshka.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fishchip

Fishchip

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

Hey all,

I wan to use Arandr's hotkeys to switch resolutions on my panel so I can fullscreen game at lower res. Sounds pretty straightforward, but when I make two profiles with the two res and bind them to hotkeys, the hotkeys do nothing. What am I doing wrong? If I manually load and apply them they're fine, but that takes away the streamlining. Any hints?

Thanks.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

I would imagine the game itself would dictate the screen resolution. I would also imagine the hotkey setups would fail to function once the game was started and wouldn't matter much before the game starts. I am sure my opinion really depends on the game/s you are trying to play.

#3 Fishchip

Fishchip

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:35 PM   Best Answer

The game does change resolution -- sorta. In my two test games so far, one just stretches ugly and also doesn't remember res (Terraria, it'll always start 1920x1080 no matter what I do) and the other just creates a black screen with a box the size of the resolution I asked for :P Not ideal.

So I don't mind changing the entire system resolution when I have to prior to starting because that does work and it's easy, but I do want to streamline it with hotkeys and there's my original problem, the hotkeys don't seem to work, even just sitting on the desktop.

edit: solved. Changed res via xrandr command and bound them direct in Moshka.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users