• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi, guys,

I've been recently experiencing extremely slow connections to the Ubuntu servers when I rut apt-get update and apt-get upgrade commands.

I first blamed it either on my Wi-Fi router (Airport Extreme) or unreliable service from the Midco internet service provider.

Then, I noticed that the other devices on the same home network do not have this problem.

Using Chrome web browser on the same laptop that I am using Bodhi Linux (ThinkPad S200x) shows no connection problems as well.

Still, running the terminal with this update/upgrade commands takes forever.

Installing downloaded packages that require some additional components to be downloaded during installation (CherryTree and Atom text editors for example) suffered with the same slow connection and download problem.

Could it be something Bodhi OS related? Should I just wipe out the HDD and do a clean installation?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Val

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

Maybe the default mirrors that your install is using are slow for you? I don't know off the top of my head how to change the mirrors and what to change them to.

#3 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4635 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

Did the re-installation of Midori help you with this too? Presuming that Midori is your default browser.

Enjoy,

Charles

#4 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi, guys,

I have the problem solved. It had nothing to do wih Midori or Linux. I unplugged the modem and the WIFi router for about 2-3 min and plugged them back.

Everything started working as before. On the positive side, I learned several tricks with troubleshooting Linux problems.

Still love Bodhi.

All the best to the Bodhi community. Please keep up your excellent work.

Val

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users