2 replies to this topic

#1 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hello Again.

I decided to delete windows 10 from another one of my old laptops that has 8G of ram and install Bodhi instead.

I installed the complete version and it came with a lot of useful applications but I still had to struggle with the xxxx Samba!

Got it running but why so much hassle!!!! Why can't we have an easier way to manage and start Samba? 

Bodhi is really great, but some little things like these are a real pain and take away a lot from the usability of the distro.

I understand wanting to be light, but having option during install could be a good way to do it.

Also, I am now using Bodhi on my small 2G laptop and this one with the 8G and it is at the end of the day a legit distro and not just a bare bone one, I mean I had the option to install Kubuntu but I decided to stick with Bodhi. Just saying.

I'm sure you can tell this Samba thing is getting to me  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

I have not attempted to set up samba. I did a search for easy samba setup ubuntu and got https://www.linux.co...asy-samba-setup

Does that work for you?

#3 michmanbiker

michmanbiker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

I got samba running, but it was just too complicated.

A mix of samba server not loading by default, shared folder not configured in the conf file, simple samba gui programs like system-config-samba not running and file managers that do not populate the network !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users