• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

is there any app that can capture music from the laptop that i am streaming?  internet radio or from a website or whatever...

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Normangee

Normangee

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi I use Vokoscreen.The best utility for screen capture whether it is video music or whatever.I used the ubuntu download instructions and the download was without a hitch.Once whatever you have downloaded you are asked to email the file to yourself. You can either do that or click on your downloaded file and save it to your preferred location, just remember to delete from your drafts folder. You simply have to check the box [save to drafts] the guys at Vokoscreen have made it that simple. Good luck I am a novice and it really was simple.I use Vokoscreen daily. Regards, n

#3 Normangee

Normangee

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hi , I use Vokoscreen to capture any activity on your desktop. I simply downloaded Vokoscreen following the instructions on Ubuntu. The download and installation was easy and went without a hitcn. You simply email the download to yourself or save the file to your favourite location. Just remember to delete the file from the [save to drafts] checkbox,  if you follow the latter choice. I use Vokoscreen on a daily basis and I am a novice. Regards and good luck, n

#4 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

With the right settings I believe VLC can do it for you.

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

OBS and Audacity will both do this. OBS also does video capture, Audacity only does audio. 

#6 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 197 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, UK

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

I use Osmoma audio recorder for capturing streaming audio. You can get it at https://launchpad.ne...hive/ubuntu/ppa. Although you have to add a PPA to your system, which isn't recommended, I've been using it for over 3 years without any issues. It's very easy to use.

#7 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

i do use vlc so i will look into that.  the others i am not aware of.  thanks for all of the info.  let me check into it and get back.

if not then i will stat with vokoscreen

#8 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Here is a lead to get you started, otherwise the wiki covers a lot more on streaming, so you can browse at your own pace. But even if it explains the command line options, when you switch to GUI you shouldn't be intimidated anymore

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users