Photo

Gadgets keep rearranging themselves on Shelf.

Best Answer Jeff, 24 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

The rearranging as you describe occasionally happens when you have gadgets that change sizes as part of their function. The cleanest way to make it not happen is to ensure your gadgets that change sizes are located at the "outside" of a group of gadgets. By this I mean make sure your systray and taskbar gadgets have empty shelf space on at least one side of them as opposed to putting them sandwiched between two other gadgets. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Naught

Naught

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

migrated from 3.2 to 4.3.1 last weekend on HP EB folio 1040 G3. Almost everything worked well ootb and what didn't was easily configured to do so (key bindings to fn buttons) :)

I am however having some trouble with the gadgets & systray rearranging themselves spontaneously on the default shelf. Is there some way to "lock" them into position other than "Stop Moving Gadgets"? (And just to be clear, I have not left "Begin Moving Gadgets" active when this happens ;) )

One second they are as I arranged them (from right going left; System, Clock, Battery, Temp, Mixer, Pager, Clipboard, Systray) then some time while working I look up and they are arranged differently. They don't revert to the same rearranged order but seem to end up in some random order.

I don't know what causes the shelf to act in this manner and I can't seem to provoke it to happen. I know this info is not really helpful in a debug scenario but perhaps someone has encountered this before and come up with (probably) an obvious solution that I've missed.

Thx.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Hmm, this is not supposed to happen, but it does nevertheless, don't know why, maybe something to do with an instability in the EFL.

After arranging them to your liking you could add a profile for your user, so when this happens you can easily restore it by reloading that profile.

See screenshot:

Rr3GY7d.png

Enjoy,

Charles

#3 Naught

Naught

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Seems like a simple enough band-aid, I will try that thanks :)

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12582 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:13 PM   Best Answer

The rearranging as you describe occasionally happens when you have gadgets that change sizes as part of their function. The cleanest way to make it not happen is to ensure your gadgets that change sizes are located at the "outside" of a group of gadgets. By this I mean make sure your systray and taskbar gadgets have empty shelf space on at least one side of them as opposed to putting them sandwiched between two other gadgets. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users