Linux-compatible USB to HDMI graphics adapter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi, guys,

I am looking for a USB to HDMI graphics adapter that is compatible with Linux.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you,

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12651 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

To confirm the details you are looking to add an HDMI output or HDMI input to your system?

#3 vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Hi, Jeff,

At this moment I am looking for an HDMI output adapter so that I could connect another monitor to the computer. The system might need three or four monitors.

Thank you,

#4 Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4754 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

Devices that are using chipsets (some, not all) that come from Displaylink seem to have an Ubuntu 16.04 driver.

More info here. You might want to read the release notes from the latest version first to know which chipsets are supported. Knowing that could help you finding a nice adapter.

Hope this helps.

#5 Jameswall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Thanks guys even i am also looking for this HDMI output for my laptop to connect another monitor could anyone know ?.

#6 林榮祥

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

I find it baffling that there is actually a compatibility issue about this. As far as I am concerned, USB to HDMI adapters are pretty much plug and play, let's say you have any decent Bodhi laptop with a USB port and a huge LED television with a HDMI input, these days I find that it is feasible just sticking in the cable and that's it. I could be wrong, but that's what I recall since Ubuntu 14 or so. If it's an app that Moksha is short of, I am less than sure but where I am coming from is that Debian since version 7.0 or around the time when Ian Murdock died was already capable of doing this with most HDMI input televisions, perhaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users