wifi connected but cant connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 snodge

snodge

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Hi I have bodhi 3 on a dell inspiron which I use occasionally, I can no loner connect to the internet despite having a wifi connection. can any one help? Regards D

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 snodge

snodge

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hi I have bodhi 3 on a dell inspiron which I use occasionally, I can no loner connect to the internet despite having a wifi connection. can any one help? Regards D

Hi I have a connection on anotherr wifi network that was set up a couple of years ago downstairs. The issue may relate to adding a new wifi network upstairs this morning. I have connectivity then go to midori and It defaults to a bodhi guidance page regarding connecting to the internet. When I try to serarch it says theres no connection to the net. Regards D

#3 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Stupid human question, are the networks using different SSIDs but on the same wifi channel within the same frequency band?

#4 Peter Brewster

Peter Brewster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

I had an odd experience on 11/11 after dd'ing a bodhibuilder created iso file. My chrome browser had the DNS zeroed out - and of course I could not connect. The solution was easy - I set DNS to 8.8.4.4 and 4.4.4.4, which are Google public. So far nothing else odd has shown up but I have not really searched or tested.

#5 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

I am having a similar thing - strong WifFi signal but no internet connection. Disconnecting from the network and reconnecting most of the time solves the problem. I used to blame it on the local internet provider for unreliable service but it seems like the cause of the problem is different.

I was thinking of purchasing an external usb WiFi dongle but not sure that it would solve the problem.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Is there anything in the area of the device that could be interfering? For instance I have a laptop we keep in my kitchen and most of the time when we use the microwave I have to disconnect / reconnect to the wireless to get a connection again.

#7 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hi, Jeff,

There is nothing in the close proximity and the interruptions occur pretty often when no appliances are runnint.

Val

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Weird, must be a bug in the network manager package then. You could try switching to WICD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users